camera follow issue

GregAnims

My game has:

- a physics character that you move with the arrow keys, via "push gently".
- some terrain drawn in there

If i attempt to add any kind of camera follow to anything in the scene, the collisions are offset, and the camera doesn't move/object the camera is added to doesn't move.

Whats happening here?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:10:14 pm by GregAnims »

Photon

Dealing with the camera in Stencyl, per my experience, is an absolute pain.

Are you adding custom behaviors or like the generic "Camera Follow Player" behavior or what?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

GregAnims

Are you adding custom behaviors or like the generic "Camera Follow Player" behavior or what?

Just using camera follow blocks in design mode.

EDIT: think i've fixed this, the problem was that "draw terrain" draws it to the screen, so if you have a moving camera you see terrain but the actual collisions are someplace else. I grabbed the draw terrain code, put it on an actor and put that actor at 0,0.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:57:21 am by GregAnims »

Eriko

EDIT: think i've fixed this, the problem was that "draw terrain" draws it to the screen, so if you have a moving camera you see terrain but the actual collisions are someplace else. I grabbed the draw terrain code, put it on an actor and put that actor at 0,0.
How did you do that? I've been trying for a while with no positive results.

t4u

So you try to make camera follow the acotr so actor stays always in the middle of the screen? Do I understand correctly?
USE PICTURES WHEN YOU ASK SOMETHING!
If I helped you be sure to mention it in your game.

Tutorials + downloads:
http://t4upl.blogspot.com/

How did you do that? I've been trying for a while with no positive results.

Did anyone figure out how to do this? I am struggling with the same issue.