Code for switching flash quality (+menu question)

Darkhog

Please help me with my menu question too.

Also I'd like to know how to edit Flash menu (and apply routines which are executed upon selecting menu option) from Stencyl's CM, because with Stencyl codemode we are limited to specific class template (even when using pure CM) and we can't add easily flash event listeners  (but I think it is possibly, just pretty hard).

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Alexin

Thought Stencyl is using 2.35 now and that's reason of my bug-in-new-flixel accusations. Anyway menu or not, there is no option for changing quality (only Show profiler and items for standard flash options and aboutbox). At least in Asul.
One more time: there aren't quality options because the engine only renders bitmaps. There are no fancy things happening here.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Darkhog

Yeah, engine maybe not do anything fancy, but flash itself is. Try playing with quality options in following flash when doing something CPU/Memory intensive (SuperPi would be great for this) to simulate old computer behavior. It basically a bitmap (just like in Stencyl games) which constantly fades in and out and while changing quality doesn't affect look of this animation I guarantee that on old computer (our Celeron 500MHz) or when doing something cpu/memory intensive (SuperPi) there will be difference in speed of fading with Low (best performance almost like now), medium and best (worst speed) qualities.

<a href="http://mycrosssoft.net/mcs_data/mcs_logo.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://mycrosssoft.net/mcs_data/mcs_logo.swf</a>

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Alexin

Well, if changing quality affects how Flash renders bitmaps then it makes sense, yes. I really wasn't aware that Flash could do it in different ways.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com