grappleHook

letmethink

Any chance of telling us how to release the grapple?  ???
~Letmethink

rob1221

I think he's talking about how to get unstuck when the grapple fires, and releasing space doesn't do anything.  I got stuck a few minutes in.

dude99999

Fun concept, definitely expand on this.
Visit Power Spark to play more of my games.

spoogob

This maybe just me, but I found the controls and movement quite awkward, to the point after a few minutes trying to play/test this, I gave up.

I think its because you can rotate with the arrows, jump, but use the grapple too depending on the direction your facing - my fingers/brain struggled to deal with that combination. I kept wanting to use the keys to move/jump, but use the mouse to point where I wanted to grapple and use say, mouse button to control that.
But currently I just kept tripping over myself lol trying to jump and rotate myself to grapple up to a good point, I would keep falling or hitting a wall/the terrain.

As I say, it may well be just me but I found it too fiddly for my liking - although I can see its potential and certainly worth doing more with it.

DarkTimmy

Made this prototype a couple weeks ago:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26630920/ice%20hiker.swf

have fun :)

Wow - is that all in Stencyl?!?! I love Spiderman type games. A little tough to get used to the controls but cool idea!

-Tim
Main Site: Donley Time Foundation Facebook Page: Donley Time Foundation
Newgrounds Links!

dude99999

You should put it on Stencyl Forge.  :)
Visit Power Spark to play more of my games.

JasonIrby

I know that's just a rough demo, but its insanely cool.

-Jason

dtrungle

Very cool, if you develop the game I think you should try using the mouse to target the hook.

Unept

Fun. I'd love to see how this fleshes out. (Plus I think the controls are the right direction. Don't use a mouse.)
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

aroncruce

This is great, I agree with the person above about mouse click controlling the grapple hook for controls

Jay123

this is a great concept, nice !
 8)
I feel like i'm stuck in groundhog day - same code, same pc, same shite... no retreat, no surrender yaa !!!

aroncruce

Im sorry greg I asked you before but forgot your answer and couldnt find it, how exactly did you do the level art and collision (ceiling and ground). Is it one long drawing and you use terrain?

h1rnz1lla

it's fun, but not very accessible. maybe using the mouse for aiming/hookshoting would simplify it.