[iOS & Android] RevMob Extension [2.1] [UPDATED on Sep. 17th!]

ErLuiSS

thanks!I'll try :)on android .

helpafella

Hi,

Good job! nice to have this for IOS as well! :)
With the possibility but not the intention to sound unappreciative; is there any possibility that the banner function will be available in the extension any time in the future?

GeorgeN

Hi,

With the possibility but not the intention to sound unappreciative; is there any possibility that the banner function will be available in the extension any time in the future?

In the future yes. Now I must go back to my projects. RevMob banners don't generate that much revenue. Interstitials are better. And Chartboost is waaay better than RevMob.

helpafella

Hi,

In the future yes. Now I must go back to my projects. RevMob banners don't generate that much revenue. Interstitials are better. And Chartboost is waaay better than RevMob.

I just had a read around the web so to say, and found the same thing. Further more we're already using Chartboost and it is generating alright nothing much, yet ;) but hopefully later...

I've just tried to implement RevMob but my build fails whenever the extension is enabled when i disable it builds fine, can i have done something wrong?

GeorgeN

Hi,

I just had a read around the web so to say, and found the same thing. Further more we're already using Chartboost and it is generating alright nothing much, yet ;) but hopefully later...

I've just tried to implement RevMob but my build fails whenever the extension is enabled when i disable it builds fine, can i have done something wrong?
You need to post logs in order to help you. Also do a project clean before compiling. A backup is also useful.

ErLuiSS

i have an error when i try to export to android

GeorgeN

i will look into it.

GeorgeN

Do you have in your game any show/hide ad blocks? The ones from Stencyl? I found errors that might be ralated to those blocks.

-compile:
[LOG]     [javac] Compiling 18 source files to C:\Users\ErLuiSS\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games-generated\revmob\Export\android\bin\bin\classes
[LOG]     [javac] C:\Users\ErLuiSS\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games-generated\revmob\Export\android\bin\src\AdWhirl.java:77: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac]              AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                                    ^
[LOG]     [javac] C:\Users\ErLuiSS\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games-generated\revmob\Export\android\bin\src\AdWhirl.java:136: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac]             AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                                   ^
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[LOG]     [javac] 2 errors
[LOG] BUILD FAILED

ErLuiSS

no i dont have, i just create a new game and i place the revmod blocks for test

GeorgeN

I've tested on my side. Its all looking good. I'm using Stencyl build 7514

ErLuiSS

oh.. i have build 7305 (3.1)

hdelbani

hello, same problem with extension on stencyl 3.1 7305, and this problem wasn't exist on the 3.0 version build 7514.... what is the solution please?

GeorgeN

hello, same problem with extension on stencyl 3.1 7305, and this problem wasn't exist on the 3.0 version build 7514.... what is the solution please?

Sorry I don't understand. The extension was build in Stencyl 3.1 b 7514 and is working fine. There was a bug with Stencyl Admob that was solved, and that bug is causing this problems.

valderamo

Failed to build on iOS with RevMob extension enaled. Stencyl Build 7732. Is it for me or someone else?

hdelbani

Sorry I don't understand. The extension was build in Stencyl 3.1 b 7514 and is working fine. There was a bug with Stencyl Admob that was solved, and that bug is causing this problems.
yes it was working on 7514 but its not working on 7305