please feed back on my new game

Warzone Gamez

i just sent out my new game... Fusion! its a game where you use gravity to combine atoms! avoid dark mater and dark atoms.

im going to send this game to the appstore soon so i need feedback!

this game includes

75 levels!

tons of obsticals that are introduced througout the game!

and stuiff like that...

please reveiw, i need feedback so i can know what i need to fix before i send it to the appstore.

ill send the link in the next post.
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

Warzone Gamez

vikingpotato

Please put screenshots in game announcements :)

Warzone Gamez

i tried, but it wouldnt work :(

Photon

The game mechanic is interesting, but that's about it. It doesn't jump out at me as anything particularly clever, and frankly it doesn't seem to work all that well in the first place.

Beyond that, difficulty is sporadic and somewhat unpredictable, and the level design just seems kind of random. How everything works (controls, gameplay) doesn't seem very obvious. Levels with multiple pairs of atoms are buggy in the sense that uniting one pair completes the level and causes all to "fuse". The presentation needs a HUGE amount of work, as its all over the place right now. In general, the game doesn't do much to really grip me as a player.

Like I said, I think its an interesting idea, but its seriously lacking in appeal. I hope that helps.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

TDonnally

I shouldn't be able to change my direction mid flight.

A lot of other obvious issues.

spoogob

Needs lots more work - cant really add much more than already said, but I wouldn't be looking to send to the appstore for some time yet.

Music makes me wanna rip my ears off too.

Warzone Gamez

That's part of the game, I made it to do that, most the level would be Impossible without that. It makes it more fun also.

Needs lots more work - cant really add much more than already said, but I wouldn't be looking to send to the appstore for some time yet.

Music makes me wanna rip my ears off too.
The menu music does stink, I'm going to change it!

And guys, im not close to finishing it, I still have alot to do, this is just the beta version I sent to get some feedback. The final version will include.

A level selection and saving

Changed menu music (spoogbob, you'll love that part. Lol)

Bug fixes

Better graphics and all around improvements

This was just a beta version, I'm definatly not ready to send it to the AppStore, I just needed feedback.

TDonnally

That's part of the game, I made it to do that, most the level would be Impossible without that. It makes it more fun also.

How does it make the game more fun? Make it so I can't change direction midflight, have one of the balls controlled by WASD and the other by the arrow keys, and then you have a somewhat interesting base for a puzzle game.

The way you have it now just feels bad. If you intended the game to be based on the players skill, you have failed (sorry if this sounds harsh). The controls are way too clunky and I felt like I had too little control over my orbs.

Me being frustrated by the games mistakes and not my own does not equal fun.

thegenericbanana

I agree with TDonally except for having different controls for the characters. First, remember he's planning on making this a mobile game. Second, I think that the main point of the puzzle is to move one to the other (or where he ends up being) without the other dying.
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

TDonnally

First, remember he's planning on making this a mobile game.

Woops. I didn't see that this was for mobile.

Warzone Gamez

The point is to change gravity to combine them. If I changed gravity, both of the atoms would have to change for it to be realistic.

And the game would be IMPOSSIBLE if you can't change gravity in mid flight. And I think people would perfer it to be possible over impossible. And that's just how the game is made, I was going to make it where you couldn't change gravity mid flight but I liked it more when you could, and it's possible that way. I'm not trying to be offensive, not sure if it came out that way, the game would seriously be impossible.

TDonnally

And the game would be IMPOSSIBLE if you can't change gravity in mid flight.

It's impossible because you designed the levels to make it so.

Warzone Gamez

i designed it so, because i liked it more that way. i not trying to be offensive or rude, i just likes it more like that.

Photon

i designed it so, because i liked it more that way. i not trying to be offensive or rude, i just likes it more like that.
Personally, I have never really gotten "impossible" difficulty. Some people seem to think its the greatest thing ever if games can only be beaten by doing "exacto"-runs. I find that to be highly frustrating, not fun. Its not because I don't want to be a skilled player per se, but its because the games in question seem to play more off of intensely cutthroat single-pixel margins and luck that require practically "inhuman" timing and precision instead of a realistic mastery of a skillset.

That aside, especially if you are planning this for the iOS crowd, you may not meet with a very receptive crowd if you are planning "impossible" difficulty. Its not always about what you like; its usually about what the player likes.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!