What's The Year (IOS Universal) [FREE!]

mat0pad

Download link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whats-the-year/id691112799?l=da&ls=1&mt=8

The game description:
What’s The Year is a new quiz where your knowledge can be tested. What do you know about ww1 or ww2? What do you know in general? With this fantastic quiz you can show off your skills and how good you really are. See who gets the highest score among your friends. Download it and please give your feedbacks.

*Has worldwide leaderboards through gamecenter

Current status:

**Top 100 in word games in 10 countries!**

**Top 100 in trivia games in 6 countries!**

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:54:58 am by mat0pad »

Warzone Gamez

It looks really good. Tell me when it's on the AppStore.
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

letmethink

Sorry for bugging, but this is a mobile game so should be in the 'Announce your game - Mobile' section

Edit: It was moved

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:43:11 am by letmethink »
~Letmethink

mat0pad

Our current status:

**Top 100 in word games in 10 countries!**

**Top 100 in trivia games in 6 countries!**

Warzone Gamez

Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

Nathbo

I like the overall look... but I am curious, are you monitizing the app ?
I see ads is loaded on the main page, but then it dissapears.. So in the end are you getting any revenue from this ?  Nice to be in the top 100, but less nice if in the end you are not reaping the benefits..
Visit my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/NathboGames

Twitter
@NathboGames

mat0pad

I like the overall look... but I am curious, are you monitizing the app ?
I see ads is loaded on the main page, but then it dissapears.. So in the end are you getting any revenue from this ?  Nice to be in the top 100, but less nice if in the end you are not reaping the benefits..
Thanks :) and yes we are using ads but only on the main scene, the score scene and the category scene. Do we make a lot?  No but from just today we have received 34 $ and that's approximately what we earn each day. Of course we could use ads in all scenes and then earn more but we thought it would ruin the gameplay

Nathbo

Wow good to know !

I tought that ads needed to be seen like for 30 seconds in order to end up with true revenue..Although I am not sure where I read that...

I really need to prioritize my game development then ;)
Visit my Facebook page

Twitter
@NathboGames

Innes

Congratulations on the release of your game.

It's a nice, simple interface, straightforward to use and gets straight into the 'action', which is great. It's refreshing not to have to click a dozen times and watch numerous logos, just to start playing!

It's good to see that you have successfully monetized the game; $34 / day is a fair a mount (about $1,000/month if you can sustain that level of ad revenue).

Can you share with us what, if any, marketing or promotional activities you carried out?  - hitting the top 100 is not an easy task!

Also, which version of Stencyl did you use?
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

mat0pad

Congratulations on the release of your game.

It's a nice, simple interface, straightforward to use and gets straight into the 'action', which is great. It's refreshing not to have to click a dozen times and watch numerous logos, just to start playing!

It's good to see that you have successfully monetized the game; $34 / day is a fair a mount (about $1,000/month if you can sustain that level of ad revenue).

Can you share with us what, if any, marketing or promotional activities you carried out?  - hitting the top 100 is not an easy task!

Also, which version of Stencyl did you use?

Today we've recived 54 $ from ads so currently it looks like we can sustain a good revenue level. We used 2.2 for this game but 3.0 would do the job just as good.

Hitting top 100:

Before we launched the game we sent about 30 mails out to review sites. We got 6 reviews by doing this. Another thing that have worked well before release was to post our app at preapps.com. Here we got very good feedback and two beta testers. The best thing about this was that it helped us making buzz before the release and preapps did it for free.
We also discovered that a great and fancy app icon really help driving more traffic and downloads. Of course good screenshots (on App Store) help as well.

What advice can we give other people? Well don't pay for PR you can do the job yourself, and this is important your app icon needs to be amazing and catching. So don't make an amazing game without an amazing icon !

thinkster

How long before release did you post your app at preapps.com?

Did you set a release date that was not immediate so you could generate some buzz? Or was it just an early version of the game you uploaded?

Thanks for sharing your tips, congrats on the game!

Innes

Thanks for sharing your PR tips.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

mat0pad

How long before release did you post your app at preapps.com?

Did you set a release date that was not immediate so you could generate some buzz? Or was it just an early version of the game you uploaded?

Thanks for sharing your tips, congrats on the game!

Well about the samme time we uploaded to apple we posted on preapps.com and the release was about one week ahead

Nathbo

Hi,

Did you use the free preapps, or did you pay to get featured ?
Do any of you have any more experience using this site and is it worthwile ?  I mean how do you know how many users discovered the app based on preapps ?

Thanks
Visit my Facebook page

Twitter
@NathboGames

mat0pad

#Nathbo

We use the free preapps since you'll get pretty much the samme:demo testers, feedback and grow a bigger audience. Using preapps isn't enough so we write to review sites also. Most important the day of release I recommend that you have gotten a big-site to offer your app for free (only for 24 hours). By doing this we've busted our sales. Our newest (a table view app) brought in 133,000 downloads in 2 weeks with this method.
Hope it helps :)