Poll

What was (or still is) your childhood dream?

To fly
4 (19%)
To explore
1 (4.8%)
To visit space
2 (9.5%)
To be a leader of your nation
3 (14.3%)
To swim to the bottom of the ocean
0 (0%)
Other (Please Explain)
10 (47.6%)
Become something other than a person (EX. Dinosaur)
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Your childhood dream?

LontaBeans

I've wanted to be game developer sense I was 11/12? Now I'm 14 and I am a game developer! Dreams do come true!
I meant by becoming a real developer. Flash imo is not real game development since you can't make it on consoles such as PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii U, etc. Plus it's too easy for real game development.
Skype name: lontabeans (add me)

irock

You're not allowed to define what game development is.

MyChairHasALooIn

I wanted to be a game creation forum user. And have a stupid username. Result.

Unsurprisingly game developer ^ I wrote my first text adventure set in the shadowrun universe on a pc with a yellow and black monitor at about age 11. I've not really ipmroved my skills since then, just found better tools.

ridhwaan08

I've wanted to be game developer sense I was 11/12? Now I'm 14 and I am a game developer! Dreams do come true!
I meant by becoming a real developer. Flash imo is not real game development since you can't make it on consoles such as PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii U, etc. Plus it's too easy for real game development.

That is not true!
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

colburt187

There is actually someone who uses this program who went the other way, he has had a successful career in PC and console games and is now making flash with Stencyl, I think he would disagree with you.

LontaBeans

Like I've said, it's my opinion. Flash is too easy compared to console programming (excluding PC).

rob1221

Flash is "too easy"?  Yet you're using Stencyl, a program that promotes easier game development.

Max Finch

Like I've said, it's my opinion. Flash is too easy compared to console programming (excluding PC).

Try Adobe Flash and make a game from there using AS2 or AS3. Tell me how that goes.

Now as for the current posts thanks guys for you info so far. They're really helpful and it will be interesting as to which ones I choose.

Photon

Yeah yeah, I'm about to go with the cliché "I wanted to design video games" thing. Of course, as I got older, I was kind of like, "Yeah, probably won't happen". Yet here I am: no vet by any means but going after it! Eventually, I hope to publish a game to a major console platform.

Seriously kids, if you have a genuine dream, go after it.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Warzone Gamez

you can make xbox, wii, ect... with unity 3d. me and my friend are about to start working on a epic  3D game for ios, computer, and possible xbox mini-game. its going to be awesome and addictive. (not going to tell what its about because i dont want anybody stealing it[its good enough for you to want to steal])

flash is real devolpment...
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

TDonnally

Seriously kids, if you have a genuine dream, go after it.

so...So you're telling me I can still be a dinosaur?

LontaBeans

you can make xbox, wii, ect... with unity 3d. me and my friend are about to start working on a epic  3D game for ios, computer, and possible xbox mini-game. its going to be awesome and addictive. (not going to tell what its about because i dont want anybody stealing it[its good enough for you to want to steal])

flash is real devolpment...
I'm gonna use UDK.

LontaBeans

Flash is "too easy"?  Yet you're using Stencyl, a program that promotes easier game development.
I'm only 13. In the future I'm getting into real development. I'm going to use Stencyl to make a quick buck to help get a UDK licenece when I'm 18 or whatever age I need to be. Before I started Stencyl, I was considering JavaScript, but I want to get this done fast. To tell you the truth, there are so many things I can't even do wth Stencyl. Don't get me wrong, Stencyl is great for stuff, but so much I can't do, but it's flash, not super real development. So I understand that.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:02:11 pm by LontaBeans »

TDonnally

I'm going to use Stencyl to make a quick buck

LontaBeans

This Gif represents how I feel about what you just said.
Lol, I'll admit, I laughed pretty hard.