Poll

What was (or still is) your childhood dream?

To fly
4 (19%)
To explore
1 (4.8%)
To visit space
2 (9.5%)
To be a leader of your nation
3 (14.3%)
To swim to the bottom of the ocean
0 (0%)
Other (Please Explain)
10 (47.6%)
Become something other than a person (EX. Dinosaur)
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Your childhood dream?

LontaBeans

Back to the subject, I wish I can fly to the moon. Not really, just an example.
Skype name: lontabeans (add me)

MyChairHasALooIn

To seriously answer the original post. I really wanted to be an astronaut. Really truly. I'm not an astronaut because I'm socially retarded. Thats why I'm a game designer.

Not getting into that other issue, it's literally the most stupid thing I've seen on the whole internet this week. THE WHOLE INTERNET.

LontaBeans

To seriously answer the original post. I really wanted to be an astronaut. Really truly. I'm not an astronaut because I'm socially retarded. Thats why I'm a game designer.

Not getting into that other issue, it's literally the most stupid thing I've seen on the whole internet this week. THE WHOLE INTERNET.
You must be on the internet 24/7. Even then you cannot view the whole internet. See how awesome I am?  ;)
Skype name: lontabeans (add me)

Warzone Gamez

That's because he's a bad fake developer. The good fake developers are not sad because there fake developers.
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

irock

Yeah if only he were as good as you he'd be happy.

Photon

Seriously kids, if you have a genuine dream, go after it.

so...So you're telling me I can still be a dinosaur?
The key word there was genuine. I was trying to imply a sense of feasibility there. :p
Flash is "too easy"?  Yet you're using Stencyl, a program that promotes easier game development.
I'm only 13. In the future I'm getting into real development. I'm going to use Stencyl to make a quick buck to help get a UDK licenece when I'm 18 or whatever age I need to be. Before I started Stencyl, I was considering JavaScript, but I want to get this done fast. To tell you the truth, there are so many things I can't even do wth Stencyl. Don't get me wrong, Stencyl is great for stuff, but so much I can't do, but it's flash, not super real development. So I understand that.
To put it concisely, Flash is not fake. Its just a different platform that is subjected to different constraints or "rules" than console gaming. Stencyl tries to soften some of the blows of learning code, but its ability to do that doesn't mean Flash itself is "easier". It means you are using a tool that makes handling Flash easier. Its kind of like how libraries exist for other coding languages and how they help do dirty work for you. Flash is much like any other coding language: you need to learn how to use it and its tools, and use it well. Some coding languages have different quirks and upsides than others, but ultimately at the end of the day they all require effort to use.

Just stop and think about what you are saying. I don't think you realize how insulting your remarks could be to Flash developers (essentially writing off the hard work they've put in), nor does it appear you understand the growing pains some of the Flash vets have gone through to get where they are now.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

dude99999

I'm telling you guys, coding in general isn't very fun to work around. When I made Flash games and something didn't work, it took me weeks to figure out what was making the problem.  :(

So Flash isn't necessarily fake or easy.
Visit Power Spark to play more of my games.

RecoilKid

Seriously kids, if you have a genuine dream, go after it.

so...So you're telling me I can still be a dinosaur?
The key word there was genuine. I was trying to imply a sense of feasibility there. :p
Flash is "too easy"?  Yet you're using Stencyl, a program that promotes easier game development.
I'm only 13. In the future I'm getting into real development. I'm going to use Stencyl to make a quick buck to help get a UDK licenece when I'm 18 or whatever age I need to be. Before I started Stencyl, I was considering JavaScript, but I want to get this done fast. To tell you the truth, there are so many things I can't even do wth Stencyl. Don't get me wrong, Stencyl is great for stuff, but so much I can't do, but it's flash, not super real development. So I understand that.
To put it concisely, Flash is not fake. Its just a different platform that is subjected to different constraints or "rules" than console gaming. Stencyl tries to soften some of the blows of learning code, but its ability to do that doesn't mean Flash itself is "easier". It means you are using a tool that makes handling Flash easier. Its kind of like how libraries exist for other coding languages and how they help do dirty work for you. Flash is much like any other coding language: you need to learn how to use it and its tools, and use it well. Some coding languages have different quirks and upsides than others, but ultimately at the end of the day they all require effort to use.

Just stop and think about what you are saying. I don't think you realize how insulting your remarks could be to Flash developers (essentially writing off the hard work they've put in), nor does it appear you understand the growing pains some of the Flash vets have gone through to get where they are now.

Let's all just agree to stop listening to this kid.

Problem Solved!  :D

Stevetheipad

I wanted to clean the streets.

Warzone Gamez

Yeah if only he were as good as you he'd be happy.

That's because he's a bad fake developer. The good fake developers are not sad because there fake developers.
Your correct. If everybody was as good of a fake developer as me, everybody would be happy. And people better than me are so happy that they bursted with happiness and blew up. Now I'm the best fake developer ever!!!mmmuuwwwhhahaha!!!

P.S. why are you guys bashing the program that you use to make games. They made it easy and fun to make games and now your making fun of them.

irock

THAT'S EDMUND MCMILLEN

Warzone Gamez

irock

You should duckduckgo it.