iOS Video Player

Dom818

I have noticed in the changelog of Stencyl that the "extras" folder now supports subdirectories. I have yet to test this with this extension and I cannot verify if it is working yet. If anyone can test that and report back, that would be great. I have a lot of schoolwork and wont be able to test this until the weekend.

gplar

What am I doing wrong? I so want it to work.
I activated the extension, put three mp4 files in the extras folder and made buttons and blocks to start them in the app.
It works smoothly on the simulator, but not on my test ipads, one Air, one mini.
The player shows briefly, for .5 sec or so, saying "loading" at the top, then closes. Nothing else crashes.
Files are 6-8 Mb, named Film1.mp4, Film2.mp4, Film3.mp4.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:52:18 am by gplar »

Dom818

What am I doing wrong? I so want it to work.
I activated the extension, put three mp4 files in the extras folder and made buttons and blocks to start them in the app.
It works smoothly on the simulator, but not on my test ipads, one Air, one mini.
The player shows briefly, for .5 sec or so, saying "loading" at the top, then closes. Nothing else crashes.
Files are 6-8 Mb, named Film1.mp4, Film2.mp4, Film3.mp4.

Can you give me a picture of what the code looks like that's loading the video? Maybe you typed something wrong.

gplar

Thanks, Dom. I have an empty scene with three buttons.
Button 3 has a behavior Startfilm3 which has the code in screenshot 1 in the updated event.
(The two other blocks are for Button 1 and 2.)
In the code preview I see what is in screenshot 2.
Files placed as in Screenshot 3.
Runs in simulator, retina and non retina.
Xcode 5.1.1 on Mac and iOs 7.1 on devices, 128Gb Air (retina) and 32Gb Mini (non retina). Stencyl b7151 (if that means anything)  :)

Dom818

That seems like it should definitely work. Just as a sanity check, can you try renaming the files in all lowercase? I think all the tests I did had lowercase names. Let me know if this has any different results.

gplar

Sanity works. Renamed using lowercase only. No capitals, no numbers. filmein.mp4, filmto.mp4, filmtre.mp4.
Up and running, and worth noticing.  ;)
Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:02:00 am by gplar »

Dom818

Sanity works. Renamed using lowercase only. No capitals, no numbers. filmein.mp4, filmto.mp4, filmtre.mp4.
Up and running, and worth noticing.  ;)
Thanks.

Interesting, I'll look into what it would take to fix that. Not sure what would cause it yet.

gplar

I didn´t check with lowercase and numbers. To me it´s not broken. Rushed it off to AppStore where it´s waiting.
The reward for adding three small videos to an already accepted and paid app? $450 worth of archery fun.  ;)
Thanks again, Dom!

mat0pad

Cannot get the streaming video to work does it matter if I use https or does it have to be http?

Jon

Starting February 1st, Apple requires all iOS apps to include 64-bit support. We've added this support to the core toolset and extensions, but users using your extension will need an updated version from you to continue using your extension in their games.

Please see the following forum topic for instructions on how to update your extension. All questions regarding the upgrade should be posted on that topic. Thanks!

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,38276.0.html

Dom818

Starting February 1st, Apple requires all iOS apps to include 64-bit support. We've added this support to the core toolset and extensions, but users using your extension will need an updated version from you to continue using your extension in their games.

Please see the following forum topic for instructions on how to update your extension. All questions regarding the upgrade should be posted on that topic. Thanks!

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,38276.0.html
[/quote

Thanks for letting me know Jon. I'll look into what it will take to bring this up to the new standards. Hopefully I can get it done before the switch.

Max Finch

Updated for 64 bit support.

Dom818

Thanks a lot for updating it. A lot of different things have been taking up my time. I'll add it to the first post for ease of downloading.

Max Finch

I would check the .hx file for any references to nme. When I updated this I just had it compile a 64 bit binary I didn't change any of the code because I didn't know Stencyl or Openfl had made those kind of changes.

neilhanvey

does this now support Android?