Set up your Chartboost account and add your app to it by going to Apps > Add App. If you're using this extension for both iOS and Android, you need to make a separate app entry for each.2.
Add a publishing campaign by going to Campaigns > Add Campaign > Publish in the Network. Ignore InPlay (still in beta I think), but you can choose any of the other 4 options.3.
To add the extension to your game, you can either unzip and move the attached extension folder into engine-extensions in your workspace, or you can go to Settings > Extensions > Install Extension.4.
Go to Settings > Extensions, enable the Chartboost extension, and then close and reopen the game.5.
In your first scene, use the Start Chartboost with App ID: ____ App Signature: ____
block with the App ID and App Signature from your app on the Chartboost website. If you're using this extension for both iOS and Android, you may need to use one of the blocks under Flow > Advanced > Platforms so that the correct information is used on each platform.6.
(optional) At this time you can also use the Enable Startup Ads for ____
block that will cause ads to show up every time the app is opened.7.
(optional) Event listeners are supported for some events such as successful ad display and failure to load. If you put standard blocks inside of the Add Event Listener ____ for Chartboost
block, make sure to use the Remove Event Listener ____ for Chartboost
block before transitioning to another scene.8.
Unless you're only showing the ad at the start of the game, you'll want to use one of the cache ad blocks earlier to reduce the loading time of the ad.9.
Decide where you want to show your ads using one of the show ad blocks.10.
If updating your extension version, go to Run > Clean Project after updating to avoid potential problems with code changes.
Q: Why don't I see ads?
A: There are a few possible reasons, but by far the most common reason is that you aren't using test ads, and Chartboost has run out of ad inventory to show you. This can happen easily if you are outside the US or UK. Rewarded video for Android seems to have a low fill rate.Thanks to:
out2lunch -- fixed a problem with third party iOS libraries.
JasonIrby -- initial delegate and more apps implementation
GeorgeN -- fixed a problem with including the iOS SDK in V2.
zmijat -- helped add the "is ___ cached" block
Max Finch -- added event to check if an interstitial is closed and updated SDK
aljosa -- updated Chartboost SDK for version 9Chartboost V11
- Updated iOS SDK to v6.6.2 and fixed compiling issue
- Updated Android SDK to v6.6.3
- Removed all uses of "more apps" as Chartboost is no longer supporting it
- Added location options for all relevant blocks and marked some older blocks as deprecated (but they still work for now)
- Note: This version may not work properly on Xcode 8.
- Updated iOS SDK to v6.5.1 [iOS 6 is no longer supported. Set your minimum version to 7 or higher.]
- Updated Android SDK to v6.5.1
- Updated iOS SDK to v6.4.0
- Updated Android SDK to v6.4.0
- Added blocks for interstitial at custom locations
- Updated iOS SDK to v6.2.0
- Updated Android SDK to v6.2.0