Chartboost Mobile Ads (Not Updated)

Max Finch

What frameworks does this extension require?

I noticed that in Games Generated > "GAME"  > Export > iOS      There is a xcode project file that if opened you can view the frameworks folder and add frameworks. Do you think that by manually doing this we can use framework supported extensions?

Or am I still day dreaming?

GeorgeN

StoreKit
Foundation
CoreGraphics
UIKit

and most important the Chartboost SDK is now packed as a framework.

Max Finch

Okay, I actually just did a test to see if the change I made to "Entitlements.plist" would revert and it did, as well as the xcode project file. So before I added "Social.framework" to test an extension I made but it reverted back. So I guess all is still lost until we get some form of framework additions.

Neotron

Anybody experienced such and issue when the player "close" Chartboost interstitial ad with mobile back button, game exit to OS, and if it is opened again, Admob banner ad not shown till the game not killed from memory.
Can somebody confirm this bugs? Any idea how to fix them?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:36:06 pm by Neotron »

rob1221

Here's a report I received:
It seems to work fine on all other IOS versions and amazon and android, but the new IOS 8 op system displays the chartboost interstitial ad in portrait on our landscape game. This means that the close button isn't visible and the user cannot continue playing.

I've tried it on 3 different IOS devices running ios8 (ipad3, iphone 6 plus and iphone 5s) and they all do the same thing on my stencyl game. I've checked other games on the IOS8 device and chartboost works fine on them. So, that's why i'm assuming it's something in the stencyl extension - I apologise if this is not the case!

Xcode version wasn't specified, but most likely it's Xcode 6.  So the iOS part of the extension may not be usable at all for future games without framework support.

luismp

Hi, what do we need to support frameworks? chartboost ads are so useful for games and specially in iOs they have really good ecpm, even if you dont use interstitials you have the more games button to make cross-promotion or whatever you want.......

rob1221

I looked at OpenFL's framework support to see if there' s a chance I can bring it to Stencyl, but there are multiple changes over time and it's too complex for me.  We need a full OpenFL update to support third-party frameworks.

luismp

thanks for your answer Rob. i was just wondering if this could be "fixed" in the upcoming weeks or in a "near" future xD. Chartboost is one of the most important and profitable ad networks out there and when it comes to iOS.. here in stencyl we dont have too much options of ad monetization...it would be great that we have more ad networks implemented, i think it would also help to increase stencyl studio subscriptions... :) :)  i cant help because a i dont know nothing about haxe and openfl , im just a regular user using stencyl xD...  sorry for my ignorance but when you say that we need a full openfl update i dont know if that is a big big thing outside of stencyl hands or is just a matter of time that the openfl guys update it or...what...xD...?? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Edit: just to mention that ive using stencyl to publish my android games and now that i have made some money i want to start publishing iphone and ipad games...and that's when i realized that iOS ad support is not as good as android at this moment in stencyl.

GeorgeN

thanks for your answer Rob. i was just wondering if this could be "fixed" in the upcoming weeks or in a "near" future xD. Chartboost is one of the most important and profitable ad networks out there and when it comes to iOS.. here in stencyl we dont have too much options of ad monetization...it would be great that we have more ad networks implemented, i think it would also help to increase stencyl studio subscriptions... :) :)  i cant help because a i dont know nothing about haxe and openfl , im just a regular user using stencyl xD...  sorry for my ignorance but when you say that we need a full openfl update i dont know if that is a big big thing outside of stencyl hands or is just a matter of time that the openfl guys update it or...what...xD...?? ::) ::) ::) ::)

The older version of Chartboost extension is working fine.

luismp

Here's a report I received:
It seems to work fine on all other IOS versions and amazon and android, but the new IOS 8 op system displays the chartboost interstitial ad in portrait on our landscape game. This means that the close button isn't visible and the user cannot continue playing.

I've tried it on 3 different IOS devices running ios8 (ipad3, iphone 6 plus and iphone 5s) and they all do the same thing on my stencyl game. I've checked other games on the IOS8 device and chartboost works fine on them. So, that's why i'm assuming it's something in the stencyl extension - I apologise if this is not the case!

Xcode version wasn't specified, but most likely it's Xcode 6.  So the iOS part of the extension may not be usable at all for future games without framework support.

GeorgeN, i dont have any iOS devices yet, but i saw this and i thought the iOS part of this extension was not working any longer for new games published...

rob1221

sorry for my ignorance but when you say that we need a full openfl update i dont know if that is a big big thing outside of stencyl hands or is just a matter of time that the openfl guys update it or...what...xD...??
The latest version of OpenFL has third party framework support, but Stencyl is using a much older version.

luismp

thanks for your quick answer Rob. So just to clarify, can i use the old chartboost extension or even the new one to show just interstitials or to use more games button? and  will i have that issue mentioned above with landscape games?

rob1221

I can't say for sure whether you'll have the same problem or not.

ManicZombie

Hello, I've got a newbie question. My game is in Alpha on the Google Play store, and Chartboost doesn't find it when I try to import the app on the Chartboost settings page for the app. Does my game have to be live to the public before Chartboost can see it?

Also, super newbie but I couldn't find anything about this in this thread--will Chartboost ads show when I test the game in the Stencyl environment (in Flash)? Or only on an actual device?

Thanks very much. I'm excited to have this extension making this easy for me.

rob1221

Hello, I've got a newbie question. My game is in Alpha on the Google Play store, and Chartboost doesn't find it when I try to import the app on the Chartboost settings page for the app. Does my game have to be live to the public before Chartboost can see it?
Of course, since Chartboost can't log into your account.  They can only see what the public sees.

Also, super newbie but I couldn't find anything about this in this thread--will Chartboost ads show when I test the game in the Stencyl environment (in Flash)? Or only on an actual device?
Chartboost ads do not show anything in Flash.  If you don't have a device you can try using the APK with the Android emulator or another working emulator like Bluestacks (Genymotion or any other x86 emulators do not work).  I still recommend a device though due to the slowness of all Android emulators.