Chartboost Mobile Ads (Not Updated)

ManicZombie

Thanks very much for the help!

dariolessa

There is a updated extension of Chartboost?

rob1221

Like I said earlier in the thread, not without third party framework support, which I'm guessing won't happen without a full update to OpenFL.  An update should also solve that annoying conflict some users have with multiple extensions with static libraries (the Admob + Chartboost conflict).  The problem with updating is that it can cause unexpected problems, so Jon's hesitant to do it, and it definitely won't happen just before a major release like 3.2.

rob1221

I know I've been saying for a few months that the new iOS SDK can't be used without framework support, but as I found out today, that's false!  The Chartboost framework contains the usual header files, some one-line files that I guess are references of some kind needed by the framework, and one big file called "Chartboost" with no file extension.  Well it turns out, that file is actually the same as libChartboost.a used in previous versions.  After renaming the big file and editing one of the header files, I was able to get an ad to show, so eventually I'll finish and link the updated extension for iOS.  Since my Obj-C knowledge is almost zero, it may take me some time to fully port all Android blocks to iOS (and I can't guarantee I'll succeed).

Also, I figured out the cause of the Admob/Chartboost conflict.  With the version of OpenFL we're using, there can be only one <ios linker-flags> tag in each game, meaning that anyone trying to use two extensions with that tag, such as Admob and Chartboost, will run into errors.  A temporary solution, until the next OpenFL update that fixes this problem, is to remove or comment out one of the tags and just move the linker flags to the other tag.  I can give more details if anyone needs them, but Admob supposedly doesn't work for iOS right now anyway.

rob1221

Done!  Check the first page to download version 4.  All features that were Android-only have been added to iOS.  I didn't test everything though, so let me know if there are any problems.

Max Finch

I'm excited to check this out! :D

I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

riki82

Hello, I tested the new version... works well, even with Admob.
I only tried interstitial.

Riki

authwob

Ok, so I have this issue with v4 of the Chartboost that gets me stuck after the splash screen, I'm also using Admob so i'm not sure what causes this issue but I can guess that the problem comes from the initialization. Also Chartboost interstitials ads are not displayed on Android, but the More free Games section works perfectly.

I've attached some logs that were generated after the iOS Simulator tests. For some reason it just freeze in the Splash Screen.

Anyone?

rob1221

For Android, I don't see any errors in your log.  There could be a few reasons why interstitials might not show.  Since you're using two different types of ads, you need two different campaigns created and linked to your game.  If you've already done that, try turning testing mode on and see if test interstitials show.

For iOS, I suspect that's a problem with Admob, so try disabling the extension, clean the project, and test again.  That will get rid of your Admob blocks which is unfortunate, but I don't know of another way to fix your problem.

authwob

I've added a crash log at the initialization screen from an iPad 3, it happens on all devices after the Splash Screen is displayed.
The same issue just on iOS simulator it remains stuck.

rob1221

I don't know how to read crash logs.  Is that with Admob disabled?

ErLuiSS

How work the reward video? I use on a test game and dont work, only work the interstial ad and more apps(i cant click on onstall but i think is for my campaing)

rob1221

Did you set up a separate rewarded video campaign and link it to your app?

ErLuiSS

Yes, and dont work.  I have a new problem, when open more apps work good and show my app(another for download) but dont fill with other games from charboost, and on my campaing i have marked this option

rob1221

I don't know about the More Apps problem, and I probably can't help since I have yet to see one myself.  For all ad types, an error message is logged.  What does it say for both ad types?