Chartboost Mobile Ads (Updated Apr 27)

NeoCHI

That looks fine.

Awesome, thanks for your patience!

Jovial Games

I'm having trouble learning to set up ads,I'm using chartboost and i tried reading the guide but I can't understand it. I don't know what events to add and how to display my ads,can someone post a picture or help me guide exactly what to do step by step?
I've signed up at chartboost already and I have the signature/app ID just need to learn to set it up  (Android)

rob1221

Events are optional, and most users probably won't use them.  The most basic use of the extension is to use the start Chartboost block in your first scene and then show an ad whenever you want.

Jovial Games

I just place the blocks? without any event or anything?
Can you please post a picture?

rob1221

You haven't indicated what events you want to track so I'm assuming you don't need them.  NeoCHI attached an example on the last page that also includes caching and alternative ads.

Jovial Games

I just want to normally show an ad but I don't know how to...

rob1221

Just use one of the show ad blocks depending on which type of ad you want to show.

Jovial Games

Is it a when created or an always event?

rob1221

Well what part of the game do you want to show the ad?   Put it there.

Jovial Games

Start screen,I did it in When created event the ad is displayed and then I released it on the google play store but then the add is viewed,on the chartboost website I see no impression,should it be 1 impression?

rob1221

Chartboost doesn't update in real time.  If you see the test ad then assume it's working fine.

Jovial Games

Okay thank you so much for your help and sorry for lame questions,new at this :)

Neotron

I am thinking of developing on iOS platform as well and I would like to know this extension is fully working on iOS phones and tablets?
I just asking because I use Admob extension 3.0 for Android platform which is working well but not working on iOS(only normal banner show not the smart and not shows the interstitial ads).

rob1221

Yes, all the extension blocks are functional on both platforms.