Chartboost Mobile Ads (Updated Apr 27)

rob1221

If it's 3.3 or higher that should be fine unless I find out otherwise.

luismp

thanks for your work Rob. I'll test it in a couple days and let you know if i have the same problem :)

luismp

i have tested more apps, interstitials and rewarded videos and all of them are working fine for me... but i dont see any of the changes announced in the chartboost video of the previous page... rewarded video ads are still showing in the same way for me.. i dont know if im doing something wrong...

rob1221

And you're testing Android?  I haven't touched the iOS side yet.

luismp

And you're testing Android?  I haven't touched the iOS side yet.
yes i forgot to mention that, i tested on android

rob1221

Chartboost mentions some features require a form a to fill out, but if you're not seeing any change from the old videos then I'm guessing that's not the problem.

vvitek

Rob,
For REwarded Video Ads there are 2 main event listeners: didDisplayRewardedVideo and didCompleteRewardedVideo but there is no didCloseRewardedVideo.
My problem is that in the game we have the music playing, and when users starts to watch Rewarded Video Ad, the music is paused. When didCompleteRewardedVideo is triggered, we resume the music, but there are still some sounds heard from the already watched (but not closed yet) video, overlaying our music.
So my question is - does exist any possibility to check when the user closed the video ad after completion? Or could it be possible to add such a listener (for Interstitial there is didCloseInterstitial listener).

rob1221

If Chartboost has those events I'll add those in version 8.  I'm still waiting for testers for the Android beta of version 8 linked in the previous page so I know whether the code changes are right or not.

rob1221

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/122363-is-anyones-chartboost-ecpm-low-right-now.html

This isn't the first discussion about low Chartboost CPMs I've seen, and some developers are saying that even Admob and iAds (I assume interstitials) have been performing significantly better.  Something else I forgot to post here is that Chartboost has removed one of their long lasting features, the ability to set a minimum bid floor.  So if you wanted to use Chartboost only for the higher paying ads, you no longer have that option.  Chartboost says this is a good thing for developers, but I'm skeptical of that.

I still plan to support this extension, but it will likely be bare minimum support with no additional features being added.  I'm not proceeding until I get more data from Android testers on version 8 (see first page), and so far it looks like I need to fix something, but I have no idea what.

luismp

(talking about android) yes ecpm is pretty low these days..but not only in chartboost..it's happening in all ad networks (like always it depends on the game and the geo of your users).... my ecpm on admob has dropped 50% since last year and my chartboost ecpm has dropped over 60% ...but im still making some money and im happy with that...all ad providers are paying less than before ..also because there are A LOT of developers and the market is saturated... on the other hand for me chartboost is a must have ad network, comparing to others it works pretty well and their ads are nice ... is a good network to use in combination with admob in my experience..(also in android their more games ads brings in a nice steady income).

EfrenStudios

Hi Rob.

Is there a way to remove iOS Advertising Identifier from your extension?

I have an IOS game that gets rejected just because of this identifier (because I'm using it for android but not for ios).

I tried to remove it from all my behaviors and also eliminating the extension, but it gets a lot of errors :S  (even cleaning the project).

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:13:03 am by EfrenStudios »
Everything is good if have pixel art on it...

rob1221

Removing the extension should solve that problem, so if it isn't then you should make a post in the issue tracker and include your logs.

rob1221

Version 8 is up and using the latest SDKs for both platforms.  With the lack of testers I'm not going to do beta versions anymore, so don't be surprised if new versions don't work 100% well.

Jovial Games

Can anyone send me a screenshot on how to add chartboost ads to your app?
I'd really really appreciate it!
I wanna know how the blocks are put up,like events and all
A screenshot would help the most

rob1221

Each use case is different and it would take a lot of screenshots to cover them all.  The most straightforward use of the extension only uses the start Chartboost block and one of the show ad blocks.