Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Chartboost Mobile Ads (Updated Apr 27)

Unept

Rob, I assume that Chartboost still does not work with Xcode 8? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

rob1221

I haven't done anything with it because I can't rebuild and if I can't rebuild I have no changes I can try.  My problem is probably caused by the recent Stencyl requirement to install Neko and since I'm on Macincloud I can't just experiment with different verisons and stuff like that.  So I think someone else will need to fix this.

aljosa

I have recompiled extension with  chartboost sdk (v6.6.1). I have tested extension on Stencyl build 9293 and code 8.2.1 and it shows ads on iPhone 6 plus (ios 10.2.1) .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m2u9ciftxxctus/chartboost.zip?dl=0

ohgem

To answer anyone questions, no this does not compile in xcode 8.2. I tried testing on an iOS device and it did not compile, I disabled the chartboost extension and it worked just fine after that. It does work very smooth for Android, however. I had no problems with it.
Follow: Twitter | Instagram
My Games: Jump Jump Fruit IOS

rob1221

Ohgem, are you referring to Aljosa's updated version?

ohgem

Yes, currently both version are broken in Xcode (Aljosa's and V10). I was working with the extensions for about 5 hours, both versions, and couldn't get them to compile. It works just fine for Android.

aljosa

Yes, currently both version are broken in Xcode (Aljosa's and V10). I was working with the extensions for about 5 hours, both versions, and couldn't get them to compile. It works just fine for Android.

1. Did you clean your project?
2. Which version of Stencyl are you using?
3. Which other extensions are you using?
4. Can you show us log?

ohgem

1. Did you clean your project?
2. Which version of Stencyl are you using?
3. Which other extensions are you using?
4. Can you show us log?

1. Yes I did.
2. 3.4 ( Build 9300)
3. Just your extension was used.
4. I don't have the logs saved. I already published the game (Squishy Frog).

aljosa

I just tried extension again with Stencyl (b. 9316) and it compiled fine with xcode 8.2.1. I have tested ads on iPhone 6 plus (test ads and normal) and it works normal.  Maybe this extension has issues with some other extension or something else. Without log i cannot say anything.

rob1221

With the Macbook I got recently I finally updated the extension and hopefully fixed the compiling issues.  See the first page for more details of version 11.  If you have any further issues make sure to generate and post your logs.  Also make sure you do Run > Clean Project before testing the new version for the first time.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:34:02 pm by rob1221 »

Konig Studios

What is the text field in the blocks now? Ex: "Show Chartboost Interstitial Ad at [text]". Is this for positioning? Also, does there have to be something in the text place? Just unclear and says no where in the main post.

Thanks

rob1221

The text is for named locations which are used for distinguishing different ad placements on the Chartboost site.  If you're not interested in that info you can put anything in there or just leave it blank.

Konig Studios

The text is for named locations which are used for distinguishing different ad placements on the Chartboost site.  If you're not interested in that info you can put anything in there or just leave it blank.

Thanks