Chartboost Mobile Ads (Not Updated)

sandsoftimer

The more apps block was added by someone else, and I don't even know what it does.
In one word, this option is awesome...... the dynamic way to tell your old games that new game has arrived.
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping
 Android -> Bubble Tapping

luismp

Is there a way to check if a user clicked the ad or installed the advertised game??? i'm interested in making a reward system like for example get 10 coins if you click this ad or install this game....??

rob1221

There are methods for detecting a click, but I don't know how to implement them.

FortySe7en

Is there a way to check if a user clicked the ad or installed the advertised game??? i'm interested in making a reward system like for example get 10 coins if you click this ad or install this game....??
I don't think that installs can be tracked that easily.
Plus, if you provide incentivized download (give premium currency for installs) you might get rejected by apple, that's what they've done against TapJoy's incentivized downloads and others.

GeorgeN

New iOS sdk available since yesterday. They made some nice changes for the More Apps feature. You can now customize the header and the close button in the same way as you can do for full screen ads.

Rob when you can(and if you want) an update will be much appreciated!

rob1221

I'm trying to update but it's been so long since I did anything with Obj-C that I don't know what to do beyond replacing files.  That wasn't a problem with the last update but now Chartboost has changed the names of methods and also is requiring location names for caching.  Location is CBLocation which is typedef NSString.  Anyone know how Chartboost locations work?  My initial impression is that it's just for analytical purposes and you can put whatever string you want.  I don't see anything on that Chartboost dashboard about locations.

GeorgeN

I'm trying to update but it's been so long since I did anything with Obj-C that I don't know what to do beyond replacing files.  That wasn't a problem with the last update but now Chartboost has changed the names of methods and also is requiring location names for caching.  Location is CBLocation which is typedef NSString.  Anyone know how Chartboost locations work?  My initial impression is that it's just for analytical purposes and you can put whatever string you want.  I don't see anything on that Chartboost dashboard about locations.

The locations thingy is on Chartboost from some time so its not new. Normally you have a "default" campaign that will show any time you call the Show Intertitial blocks but you can make also campaign that can be shown just in certain areas. For example a campaign that will show just after you finish level 5. It is fine Rob if we can just the "default" location.

https://help.chartboost.com/documentation/ios/namedlocations

rob1221

I fixed the errors with building the extension, but it still doesn't work when testing on the simulator.  It complains about something in libChartboost.a.  If someone else wants to take a look, here's the current extension.

helpafella

rob1221 - thank you for a great extension and for the work you are doing!
Any news on the ChartBoost extension update?

rob1221

Nope, I don't know how to fix the problem.

Possibly relevant Stackoverflow links
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23718757/linker-error-in-chartboost-sdk-4-4-in-64bit-architecturex86x64
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23709294/how-to-fix-chartboost-sdk-4-4-error-libchartboost-a-missing-required-architect

There seems to be something wrong with the new Chartboost version and the simulator.  Maybe it's something that will be fixed on Chartboost's end.  I haven't tried testing on device so maybe it will work there.  Mine is just an outdated 3GS so I'd like you, GeorgeN, or anyone else to test.

GeorgeN

There is a new version 4.4.1 from yesterday with simulator fix.

rob1221

I tried the  update and it still doesn't work.

helpafella

I've tried it on an iPad2, doesn't seem to work on that either.

GeorgeN

I've tried also to compile for simulator and also for iOS but in the end I get:

Code: [Select]
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
[LOG] Target: arm-apple-darwin13.1.0
[LOG] Thread model: posix
[LOG]  "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld" -demangle -dynamic -arch armv7 -dead_strip -force_load "/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/Trivia The Simpsons/lib/armv7/libGoogleAdMobAds.a" -iphoneos_version_min 7.0.0 -syslibroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk -o "/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/build/Release-iphoneos/Trivia The Simpsons.app/Trivia The Simpsons" "-L/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/build/Release-iphoneos" "-L/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/Trivia The Simpsons/lib/armv7" -filelist "/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/build/Trivia The Simpsons.build/Release-iphoneos/Trivia The Simpsons.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Trivia The Simpsons.LinkFileList" -lstd -lregexp -lzlib -lcurl_ssl -lpng -ljpeg -lfreetype -logg -lvorbis -lnme -lstd -lregexp -lzlib -lcurl_ssl -lpng -ljpeg -lfreetype -logg -lvorbis -lnme -lads -lgamecenter -lpurchases -lnative -lmyadmob -lmychartboost -lGoogleAdMobAds -lChartboost -lApplicationMain -framework UIKit -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreGraphics -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework Foundation -framework iAd -framework GameKit -framework StoreKit -framework SystemConfiguration -framework AdSupport -framework AVFoundation -framework AudioToolbox -framework SystemConfiguration -framework MessageUI -framework StoreKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework AdSupport -framework QuartzCore -framework SystemConfiguration -framework CoreGraphics -framework StoreKit -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreData -dependency_info "/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/build/Trivia The Simpsons.build/Release-iphoneos/Trivia The Simpsons.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Trivia The Simpsons_dependency_info.dat" -framework Foundation -lobjc -lc++ -lSystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../lib/clang/5.0/lib/darwin/libclang_rt.ios.a "-F/Users/home/stencylworks/games-generated/Trivia The Simpsons/Export/ios/build/Release-iphoneos"
[LOG] Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
[LOG]   "_SecPolicyCreateSSL", referenced from:
[LOG]       -[Chartboost_AFSecurityPolicy evaluateServerTrust:forDomain:] in libChartboost.a(AFSecurityPolicy.o)
[LOG]   "_SecTrustSetPolicies", referenced from:
[LOG]       -[Chartboost_AFSecurityPolicy evaluateServerTrust:forDomain:] in libChartboost.a(AFSecurityPolicy.o)
[LOG]   "_SecCertificateCopyData", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecTrustGetCertificateCount", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecTrustGetCertificateAtIndex", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecCertificateCreateWithData", referenced from:
[LOG]       -[Chartboost_AFSecurityPolicy setPinnedCertificates:] in libChartboost.a(AFSecurityPolicy.o)
[LOG]   "_SecPolicyCreateBasicX509", referenced from:
[LOG] Finished building for iOS (or errored out): 1
[LOG]       -[Chartboost_AFSecurityPolicy setPinnedCertificates:] in libChartboost.a(AFSecurityPolicy.o)
[LOG]   "_SecTrustCreateWithCertificates", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecTrustSetAnchorCertificates", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecTrustEvaluate", referenced from:
[LOG]   "_SecTrustCopyPublicKey", referenced from:
[LOG] ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
[LOG] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
[LOG] ** BUILD FAILED **
[LOG] The following build commands failed:
[LOG] Ld build/Release-iphoneos/Trivia\ The\ Simpsons.app/Trivia\ The\ Simpsons normal armv7
[LOG] (1 failure)

altobi

I'm getting the same error as GeorgeN;

[LOG] ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
[LOG] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
[LOG] ** BUILD FAILED **

any clue?