Chartboost Mobile Ads (Not Updated)

valderamo

Failed to build on iOS if extension is enabled together with AdMob extension. If AdMob is disabled then Chartboost works fine.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:11:51 am by valderamo »

Abliblablobla

Could you post your logs (Debug > Logs > Generate Logs) when your game fails to compile?
.: BuruBuru :.

valderamo

...here it is...

rob1221

I'm guessing there's some conflict with the linker flags being used in both extensions, but I have no idea how to solve it.

Spuller

So to clarify, is this extension working with 3.1?

rob1221

It works for me and doesn't work for mat0pad.  Valderamo also reported a conflict with Admob.  No one else has confirmed success or failure.

LePoulpe

It works fine for me with Chartboost & Admob  enabled on iOs with build 7736.
Check that you have not enabled the  facebook extension at the same time, if I let it enabled my game crash when trying to load an Admob ad.

bonzero

I'm having the same problem, admob extension crashes this one, I really wanted to try this extension alogn with the admob one :S

Applifier

Hey,
I have a huge favor to ask, is someone willing to tell me how to update the new Chartboost SDK since it just released its new IOS 8 compatible version? I just published an app with the old SDK and now I don't know how to update it, so in a few weeks when IOS 8 is launched my app will  not receive any ads. Any help is highly appreciated.
-Thank you!

rob1221

so in a few weeks when IOS 8 is launched my app will  not receive any ads
Source on this?  It would be terrible if iOS 8 caused old apps to no longer show ads.

Applifier

Oh hmm I was just assuming. So if someone with IOS 8 downloads my app, will they still receive Chartboost ads even though I didn't update my app in any way?

rob1221

The old ads should still show.

About the update, I'm unfortunately unable to update the iOS SDK because Chartboost is now using a framework, and third-party frameworks are not yet supported for iOS extensions.

Max Finch

Just to clarify Chartboost does work on iOS 8. At least on the iOS 8 beta my 5s is running.

havana24

Hi Rob,

I have a question.
My problem is that if I try to show a chartboost ad at the and of the level, sometimes it loads with deelay while you're playing the next level.
I need to use "cache chartboost ad" block? Where I need to put this, before or after displayed the ad?
I need to use this every time or just one time?

Thanks for the great extension,
Alessandro
My Website: www.havana24.net

rob1221

Use the cache chartboost ad block before showing each ad.