Chartboost Mobile Ads (Not Updated)

LePoulpe

I may be wrong, but I don't think that use the cache chartboost ad block before showing each ad is the best way.
I recommend to use the cache block once at the start of the game (juste after the start Charboost block) and each time after the show chartboost ad block.
That way you have all time to cache the ad.

havana24

Thanks LePoulpe!

I don't know exactly what the block does so...
What do you think Rob?
My Website: www.havana24.net

rob1221

I didn't mean cache immediately before showing.  LePoulpe's method should work fine.

QkyGames

hi,

there is any possibility to detect if the video was seen?
eg for coins, or revive.

regards.
Maxi.

rob1221

I haven't added video ad support yet, but I think Chartboost does allow that.

EDIT: I successfully updated to the latest Chartboost SDK for Android, but there are still features to be added.   Also, due to past and likely future problems that some users have with the extension, I will be putting up separate versions to download.  Maybe that will be done within the next few days.

So expected upcoming features are:
--normal video ads (uses same block as static interstitial but different publishing campaign)
--rewarded video ads
--enable startup ads block finally working for Android
--event listener block to track important events like failure to load an ad

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:10:38 pm by rob1221 »

rob1221

I'm running into problems showing ads other than static interstitial.  Interstitial video ads and more apps ads both fail with a "NO_AD_FOUND" error, whether test ads are enabled or not.  That may just be due to all the ad testing I've done recently, so I'll let other developers test those ads and see if they work properly.  A bigger problem is that the rewarded video ads fail with an "INTERNAL" error.  I didn't see any details about that in the Chartboost SDK, and I'm thinking it's something that Chartboost needs to fix.  I might finish up the update tonight, ignoring the rewarded video ads for now.

First post is now updated with new Chartboost version

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:18:38 pm by rob1221 »

havana24

Thanks Rob, Great work! :)
What's the best way to update the extension without losing all blocks?

Thanks again,
Alessandro

rob1221

The only block that should be affected is the enable startup ads block because I made a slight adjustment to the block tag.

havana24

Oh ok!
And how we can update the extension? Uninstall the old one and then install the new?

QkyGames

hi,

thanks for the update of the extension.
how I can use two campaigns for the same application, for example, "interstitial static" for the menu and "interstitial video" for coins.

can you add the event, close ad?
for example, if the video was shut down, get 1000 coins.

sorry for my english.
Maxi.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:17:53 am by QkyGames »

rob1221

You can add multiple campaigns for the same application, but since both interstitial types use the same block, I'm not sure you can fully separate them.  Besides, you're supposed to use rewarded video for awarding coins, which failed with an internal error when I tested.  The block is hidden, but if you want to try a rewarded video, put MyChartboost.showRewardedVideo(); inside a code block.

QkyGames

I could see an ad asking if I want to see a video for a coin, but how I can assign to my game?

rob1221

So the rewarded ad actually worked?  What do you mean "assign" to your game?

QkyGames

I'm not sure if rewarded ad work.
for example, if the "video rewarded" ends, how I can increase by "1" attribute "coins".