Click and drag resource pack? [Solved]

DeathWish

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but meh, I'll post it here anyways.

I'm making a physics game, and I wanted to know if there was any Click-and-Drag resource pack.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:05:53 am by DeathWish »

waterstorm

You can use the Drop Block kit that comes with StencylWorks, but I don't know about a resource pack.

Hectate

Are you asking to click and hold to drag and drop an object? Originally I thought you were asking to click and hold to drag a selection region, but the first makes more sense for a physics game I think.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

DeathWish

Are you asking to click and hold to drag and drop an object? Originally I thought you were asking to click and hold to drag a selection region, but the first makes more sense for a physics game I think.
Click and drag an object, I said actor, didn't I? :P
And to waterstorm, I haven't learned to use that yet, I'm planning on learning tomorrow, but today I want to toy with other things :P

Hectate

I'm making a physics game, and I wanted to know if there was any Click-and-Drag resource pack.
Nope, no mention of actors  :o

But worry not, I have your solution!

Creating behavior in 3...2...1...
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Hectate

Attached is an image of how it works.

You can find it on StencylForge as "Grab and Drag Actor". It's an actor behavior.

I also created a sample game of it functioning. Note, since there's no gravity in this scene, you may need to enable/disable gravity when it's grabbed/released by modifying the behavior.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

DeathWish

Hectate

Sorry, that was my last post before disassembling the PC to put in a new PSU, now I'm on my phone. How is it glitchy? All it does is follow the mouse.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

DeathWish

I meant my project (The code was messed up), but I fixed it :P For some reason your actor behavior didn't import correctly the first time, but when I downloaded it again it worked... Well, whatever. Now it works fine :D

goatsoup

I already have a resource in Forge for this called MouseDrag.
it is very similar to the one above but it also keeps the actor within the screen. As used in my game BIDMAS.