Tapjoy Extension

RedEvo

Dears,
I need to start to work to Tapjoy extension for Stencyl, I'm going to start from Android integration.

I've a couple of questions before:
1. Is anyone working on it?
2. Looking on getting started guide of Tapjoy for Android you can see they ask to modify some code in Manifest and First Activity. Is there a way to insert them at runtime using haxe/OpenFL coding or I should modify AndroidManifest and GameActivity in nme/......./templates ? It's no very easy to make a sharable Stencyl Extension if I must operate in this way.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks, David.
Launching RedemptionTCG Android Alpha. If you are interested contact us at info@redevogames.com

GeorgeN

Tapjoy,Flurry, RevMob, Facebook,etc,etc require their own activities so we have to put them in Manifest.

I have working RevMob, Facebook, Vungle, Flurry Analytics extensions but I have to modify Manifest and MainActivity manually for each game.

RedEvo

Thanks for your experience sharing. Is not a problem for me to work directly on templates and so on. The only way to integrate them on Stencyl is work directly on Stencyl features? I wish to improve Stencyl community with Tapjoy extension...

Anyone have some others suggestions to try to make a Tapjoy extension?

Thanks, David.
Launching RedemptionTCG Android Alpha. If you are interested contact us at info@redevogames.com

GeorgeN

Thanks for your experience sharing. Is not a problem for me to work directly on templates and so on. The only way to integrate them on Stencyl is work directly on Stencyl features? I wish to improve Stencyl community with Tapjoy extension...

Anyone have some others suggestions to try to make a Tapjoy extension?

Thanks, David.

Well what I wish to is a possibility to have in Stencyl(toolset) a way to declare at least a boolean field (or to be hardcoded by Jon for each extension).  Similar to:

and we can use this in Manifest like:

::if (ANDROID_PURCHASES=="YES")::   
<!-- code code code-->
::end::

RedEvo

I'm looking at your Facebook extension and I'm taking inspiration to make someting like that in order to integrate Tapjoy in Stencyl.

Unfortunately last Tapjoy sdk, declared compatible with sdk8 and Froyo 2.2 android, is not compatible with sdk8 cause using tags in AndroidManifest.xml compatible only with sdk>=13.

They are looking how to solve this issue.
I'm going to work again on Tapjoy Stencyl extension when they solve this issue.

David.

RedEvo

To integrate Tapjoy in Stencyl there are some non minimal changes to AndroidManifest.xml and build.xml:

AndroidManifest.xml:
Code: [Select]
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
instead of
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8"/>
build.xml:
<property name="target" value="android-14"/>instead of
<property name="target" value="android-8"/>
These changes are mandatory because Tapjoy use some configChanges (screenSize) attributes in activity introduces in API 13. I prefer API 14 because is Android 4 and not Android 3

After these changes the app compile and correctly run in my S2-4.1.2 and in my S2-2.3.5. Anyway I do not know nothing about impact in general aspects of app (performance, leaks and so on).

Jon, or any other people have experience in this aspect of Stencyl, do you consider an risk to compile and distribuite the Android App using these AndroidManifest and build?

Thanks, David.

GeorgeN

Is the same issue with the latest Admob SDK. You have to target SDK version to 13 in order to work. I've made changes to my Stencyl in order to use the latest Admob SDK. And it's working ok.