3D Platformer Kit

GregAnims

Hey guys, if you know my work i made Skullface and Making Monkeys. Anyway, just wanted to show you what i've been doing i know some people on this forum were interested, sorry for a kinda salesy post on this forum, i think some people would be interested though. Here's what i've been working on:

Achieve your dream platformer featuring dynamic PHYSICS DRIVEN character interactions, immediate results with DRAG N DROP LEVEL DESIGN and compelling gameplay using SMOOTH, TIGHT CONTROLS! Guarenteed fun!

Hope the Stencyl community is doing well, i played blobs latest game and it was great (wheres rocketeer man!) Let me know if you have fun on the demo, maybe this could be the framework for SkullFace 3D??

Warzone Gamez

Thats really good. really good demo. everything seems to work well. fun, and easy. nice!

i noticed a glitch where the Camera was in the water, but the character wasnt, and the screen had the waters light effect.
 and the floors color makes it hard to discern if your on a platform or not unless the platform is a differant color. i would use a differant texture. mabey a metalic texture?

i think you did a really good job!

i just started Unity 3D, and im basicly just messing around, learning how to use it. could you give me any tips? and also, would i be able to download the demo in the asset store? and if so, would i get in trouble if i tried making a game off your demo?
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

GregAnims

Thanks for the compliments man, i worked really hard on this so when i hear people are liking it, it feels really good.

Its actually a kit, so yeah you can buy it and make any game you like from it, commercial or otherwise.

For unity just take some beginner C# tutorials, homeandlearn is good, and then do the beginner scripting tutorials unity provides. After that, i would try to replicate some simple games like pong or asteroids, and just keep challenging yourself.. that's basically the method i used. Good luck!

vikingpotato

well you inspired me to try unity as well.. switching between 2d and 3d would be a nice way to refresh oneself...

diwakar123

Photon

Slick looking stuff to be sure. Unity, huh? Keep hearing about this thing... maybe I should finally look into this sometime.

It also makes me think I need to get more serious about my art skills... again. I think I may know part of what's holding me down though, so to speak, and I may correct it sooner than later.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Jay123

just remember when ever you use a more complicated piece of software your skill level will need to increase with it also. Use the right tool for the right job, and the tool you understand the best that is able to achieve your desired results in the least amount of time.
I feel like i'm stuck in groundhog day - same code, same pc, same shite... no retreat, no surrender yaa !!!

GregAnims

Slick looking stuff to be sure. Unity, huh? Keep hearing about this thing... maybe I should finally look into this sometime.

It also makes me think I need to get more serious about my art skills... again. I think I may know part of what's holding me down though, so to speak, and I may correct it sooner than later.

Yeah Unity coupled with C#, i would argue is the indie developers dream.
As for art skills, in 3D you can get away with a simple style a lot of the time, just nice lighting and aesthetic, look at minecraft.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.