Installing iStencyl on Windows

Jon

THESE INSTRUCTIONS NO LONGER APPLY POST-iSTENCYL LAUNCH

This is just for the couple people I let in, or are are on the team and want to convert their game over to a mobile project for testing purposes or pre-development en route to moving over to iOS.

1) Get the build of iStencyl
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,2479.0.html

2) Locate your existing copy of StencylWorks

3) Copy in StencylWorks.exe from your current SW install.

4) Copy in ext-tools/players/ from your current SW install.

You should be good to go.

As always, back up your games before doing anything major to them, such as converting them to a mobile project.

Everything works exactly the same as mentioned in the getting started guide.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:56:20 pm by Jon »

Imalter

Great! That's exactly what i needed!
Can i transfer the project i converted to mobile on Windows to my Mac and build it for iOS there?

Jon

Yeah, you can. You don't need to go through the Windows build to do this - just open it on Mac, select the File > Convert to Mobile option and then it'll be good to go for mobile, provided you didn't use any ActionScript code in there.

toadfrogs

Alright, got it. Now to try making that game we've talking about from the e-mail :D

Imalter

It's simply more comfortable for me to work on it on Windows and then put it on Mac to build.

Jesse

Agreed. All of my resources and graphics development programs are on Windows and I have limited access to the Mac.

This will be very useful for me.

Dizko

Dizko

Actually I have a question...

If I have access to a Mac, could I work on my Windows machine and then transfer the projects over to test them on the Mac?

I only ask because there is a Mac in my house it just belongs to my wife, so I can't get full access to it for development.

Dizko

Yes.

Oh woops, that was totally answered already, my mistake!

Jon

A better answer though is to use Dropbox, so your games stay in sync between the two automatically and at all times. If you set your workspace directory to Dropbox, it's a really slick solution.

malospam

When running in windows, I tried testing the joystick demo, but the window orientation is wrong, and I can't get a response from the joystick by clicking with the mouse. Can you tell me where I'm going wrong here, I have attached a screenshot.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:16:28 am by malospam »
Visit Reddit's Stencyl page and contribute to spread the word about this amazing program!
http://www.reddit.com/r/stencyl

Manuel

To solve this problem set the game's orientation to portrait at the Mobile Game Settings in the meanwhile.
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

malospam

I did that but it still looks the same. Also I can't get the joystick to show. I checked the images also.
Visit Reddit's Stencyl page and contribute to spread the word about this amazing program!
http://www.reddit.com/r/stencyl

Dizko

Change the resolution to custom and put in 480x320