Ugly edges on Inkscape Artwork

taisho

Hey,

I'm doing 32x32 Artwork for my game draft in inkscape.
But I cannot get rid of the ugly outline of my character.
is there any foolproof approach to get crisp output?

Greetings tai

The8BitMan

I am not familiar with inkscape but if you can make a png with a transparent background rather than a coloured background that is then removed by Stencyl there will be no outline.
Need music, graphics, scripts? Just ask!

Hectate

If you mean a colored stroke on your shapes, just open the Stroke/Fill box and set it to no stroke. If you're talking about for transparency specifically, like The8BitMan believes, you need to ensure that there's nothing behind the shapes you export - Inkscape will export them with transparency by default. Then, just don't set a transparent color when importing the PNG to Stencyl; the transparency is part of the image and you don't need to do anything to change that.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

taisho

Thanks for your answer, I will try that when I get home, but as far as I remember I can only set the width,height and DPI of the exported image in inkscape. How do I handle the transparency?
I always start off on a white canvas, that might be the problem? But in Document-Settings the background is set to transparent.

heck im confused :(

Hectate

So this has to be set like so:

So you can have something like this...

Just make sure, as mentioned before, do not set a transparent color in Stencyl. Loading the PNG into Stencyl as it is will save it with the existing transparency.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.