Programer Needed for Side-Scrolling Beat Em' Up Game

staticjon

Programmers,

We have been trying to put together a retro breakdance/Beat Em Up game to promote a breakdancing album we recently released. We have been working with our friend who is a novice programer and we all feel its time to have a professional step in. All the graphic design and sound design is complete and we have a version that is working but we want someone with experience to go thru and get it running the right way. I've attached some sample images to show you the style we are looking for. We would like to create these games on a regular basis if we can find a programmer passionate about it. 

We can trade music production, graphic design or we can pay for your services.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:14:13 pm by staticjon »

bonechill

How much would you pay?
Play Gold Hunter on Kongregate, Newgrounds, or Stencyl Arcade

staticjon

Price depends on skill level and how quickly it can be completed. If you have any work I can see, please send my way. Also let me know what your time is worth.

Thanks!

bonechill

I don't really have anything to show yet, but I have something coming that's 79% complete. I could probably do $20 an hour. I'll send you a video of the game if you still interested.

NobodyX

I just want to say those graphics are completely epic.

gamegirlxl

There are two things that come to mind reading this.  Firstly, since you have a "novice programmer," is there any work they've done so far on the game, or would this really be from scratch?  Secondly, since you are expecting to do this same thing in the future, are you hoping to get code that can easily be reused?

The8BitMan

I don't really have anything to show yet, but I have something coming that's 79% complete. I could probably do $20 an hour. I'll send you a video of the game if you still interested.
Is that the going rate!?!?! Wow, I'm missing out :o
If anyone is willing to pay me $20 an hour, I'll do whatever you want! :P
Need music, graphics, scripts? Just ask!

Max Finch

Rub my back? I really need that right now

The8BitMan

Rub my back? I really need that right now
I'm already running for ya :P
The things I could do with $20 :)
Need music, graphics, scripts? Just ask!

rob1221

Heh, there's no way he's getting that much, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Even I wouldn't ask for that much.  I think paying for work done is a lot more common than paying for time anyway.

bonechill

I was just saying that kind of as a joke and a very rough estimate. I could go cheaper for sure

chrizt

i didnt get any response from the guy who made this offer, i wonder if anyone get any?  ::)
need help with behavior? game design? graphic design? just contact me
email : christianatin27@gmail.com

staticjon

I have been trying to put together a retro breakdance/Beat Em Up game to promote a breakdancing album I recently released. I have been working with a friend who is a novice programer and I all feel its time to have a professional step in. All the graphic design and sound design is complete and I have a version that is working but I want someone with experience to go thru and get it running the right way.

Below is a link to download the game, so you can get an idea of where I’m at with it now. Also I’ve attached some photos for reference.

I will pay for your services!

Game Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1nt490ftx5fsb0w/QeyhU5kcyT?n=11894049

So Fresh & In Your Face

- Smoov-E

bonechill

This is a very large game, what platform are you wanting this for?

staticjon

We want it for smartphones, one of the main issues I've been having is getting the game size small enough. I was hoping for a programmers input on making it happen.