Crazy Golf

Jon

What should work is to have the actor that draws the lines be on the front layer. There's no way right now to draw on a particular layer because drawing is determined by the layer of the originating actor. Alternatively, if you do this in a scene behavior, that will draw on top of all actors.

RandomJibberish

Republished with suggested fixes. Next on the agenda will probably be gravity switchers or booster arrow things.

RandomJibberish

Added some sound effects and an improved sky background that replaces those placeholder Mario clouds.
Atm I'm polishing up what I have before adding new levels, since the game Jam deadline is just days away~

RandomJibberish

Messed around with the ball's physics. It should feel better now, and it'll be more difficult to get stuck rolling really slowly. I think hitting the ball out of the water is slightly easier now, but any suggestions on how to improve that further would be very useful.

I'd like to get a few eyes on the game now and see whether anyone has any suggestions for tweaks to the physics as it is. I don't really want to go into designing the more complex later stages before the physics is perfect, since even small changes to the physics later could mean changing stages to make them hole-in-oneable.

Jon

I can confirm that the physics are a lot better now in terms of meeting my expectations of how far the ball should go. It feels more "fair."

I still find that the ball takes too long to settle down to a clickable state when floating on top of the water after a shot.

RandomJibberish

I've modified the water behaviour to make the water "thicker" when there's no horizontal movement, which fixes the problem.

I'll be adding a couple new features (restart/back to menu buttons in game, ability to mute sound effects and, when it's added, music) closely followed by new levels in the next few days.

RandomJibberish

Republished with menu/restart buttons in each level and the second menu screen for the rest of the levels, although atm level 10's button just leads to level one.

RandomJibberish

How would I add a hinge joint to an actor somewhere other that the centre? I am in the process of adding some more levels but want to do things like this

The red point is a hinge.

Jon

Someone else can help you more thoroughly, but the gist of it is that you'll need to use a line or two code for this and create the hinge joint and specify the anchor point explicitly.

Someone ought to write up some convenience behaviors that do this.

RandomJibberish

I believe Alexin said he would look into it.