Programs For Making Music

legodude2222

Do you guys know of some programs that I can use that allow you to make game music, whether it be 8-bit, or something higher quality?(Preferably free)
Making games, one error at a time.

Photon

PXTone is great for chiptune music. And its free!

MuLab has a free version you can use with some limitations imposed.

I also tried the free LMMS program awhile back ago and it worked all right. However, it eventually got to the point where it would bug out on me rather frequently.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

legodude2222

Thanks. I tried out Pxtone, and it looks really good.
Making games, one error at a time.

Vectrex71

If you want to make quality music, so you need also a quality tool. Otherwise no one will pay for your app. Give all your heart and all your soul into your project (Design,Graphics,Gameplay and also music!) So give RENOISE from http://www.renoise.com a try ! Why playing around and wasting time with free unpro tools if you can go pro ?!

KungFuFurby

Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

letmethink

I've heard that FL Studio is quite good.
~Letmethink

gamegirlxl

Unless you can get by with the demo (which doesn't let you save, and sometimes has silencers), you'll need to buy the full version, which is expensive.  I only needed the demo, but it seemed to be a great program.

letmethink

Unless you can get by with the demo (which doesn't let you save, and sometimes has silencers), you'll need to buy the full version, which is expensive.  I only needed the demo, but it seemed to be a great program.

Good thing is that my school has it so I can use it for free.
~Letmethink

Oleaster

Though it's probably a little silly, I use the Figure app on my iDevice to lay down quick beats.
Aside from more professional tools like FL, Reason, etc., I know that Nanoloop and FamiTracker work for a lot of chiptune artists if that's what you're into.