[Unsupported] Facebook Mobile Extension - OpenFL

henson802

Alright so it says I need to install 'inthebox-macros'…

I'm in the stencyl/plaf/hex directory .. and even see haxelib.. but when I do:

'haxelib install inthebox-macros'

I get command not found error in terminal??

ruh roh?

** Edit didn't have latest Haxelib / or maybe any installed on this macbook , installed HaxeLib 3 and fixed it **

Can you have it copy an attribute score into the comments wall.. it directs you to posting on your wall but has a blank..

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:41:12 pm by henson802 »

Konig Studios

I keep getting this error: (I also installed haxelib 3 and still doesn't compile)

[LOG] haxelib repository is now /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/
[LOG]    ____                   ______ _
[LOG]   / __ \____  ___  ____  / ____/ /
[LOG] / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / ___// /___
[LOG] \____/  ___/\___/_/ /_/_/   /_____/
[LOG]     /_/
[LOG]
[LOG] OpenFL Command-Line Tools (1.1.6)
[LOG]
[LOG] Initializing project...
[LOG] Using project file: project.xml
[LOG] Reading HXCPP config: /Users/PaulRivera/.hxcpp_config.xml
[LOG] Error: Could not find haxelib "inthebox-macros", does it need to be installed?

RedEvo

Have you tried 'haxelib install inthebox-macros' ?
Use this command in /plaf/haxe/

David.
Launching RedemptionTCG Android Alpha. If you are interested contact us at info@redevogames.com

Konig Studios

Have you tried 'haxelib install inthebox-macros' ?
Use this command in /plaf/haxe/

David.

I get:

Pauls-MacBook-Air:~ PaulRivera$ /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/haxelib install inthebox-macros 
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/libneko.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/haxelib
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /usr/lib/libneko.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Jon

If you installed Haxe 3 on your own (separately from Stencyl), they put out a buggy Mac distribution that mixes up 32 and 64 bit binaries for the Neko portion of that. I reported it a while back, but I guess it hasn't been fixed up.

I think we got around this with Stencyl's distribution by downloading and installing Neko from its site.

http://nekovm.org/download

Konig Studios

If you installed Haxe 3 on your own (separately from Stencyl), they put out a buggy Mac distribution that mixes up 32 and 64 bit binaries for the Neko portion of that. I reported it a while back, but I guess it hasn't been fixed up.

I think we got around this with Stencyl's distribution by downloading and installing Neko from its site.

http://nekovm.org/download

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Jon

Great to hear that. I'll add a note to the docs.

Konig Studios

I don't have any luck actually logging in. I followed all the steps in the instructions with adding the code to the .plist. The dialog box pops up to login, but nothing happens when I tap OK (I'm checking if connected with boolean). Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: JK. Make sure you have the Bundle ID the same in stencyl as you do the Facebook App.  :o

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:57:29 pm by Konig Studios »

henson802

I don't have any luck actually logging in. I followed all the steps in the instructions with adding the code to the .plist. The dialog box pops up to login, but nothing happens when I tap OK (I'm checking if connected with boolean). Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: JK. Make sure you have the Bundle ID the same in stencyl as you do the Facebook App.  :o

Where can you check the bundle ID of the facebook App on the Developer Facebook page? ... or you talking about the Facebook App ID?

<EDIT>

I can't seem to get the 'Facebook Feed Diag' block to load the text I set in.  I can get to the wall via a button press using the extension, it just doesn't set up the description or anything with stuff in the Facebook Feed Diag block.  I'm not sure if it's something with my installation or something else?

I can manually enter a description and submit - that works fine.. but that Facebook Feed Diag block doesn't get the info i inputted into the Facebook page.  What to do.. I'm on iOS btw wondering if anyone else had success?

GeorgeN been very helpful with me and it was an issue of filling all the fields in and using the proper url-link format / pictures.  Thanks again

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:19:08 pm by henson802 »

Gintonic

Unfortunately I've get an error:

[LOG] Running command: BUILD
[LOG]  - Running command: haxe Export/android/haxe/release.hxml -D android -D android-9
[LOG] C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\extensions/facebook/fr/hyperfiction/HypFacebook.hx:21: characters 2-7 : Class not found : ShortCuts
[ERR] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
[ERR] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
[LOG] Unexpected problem on thread Thread-10: String index out of range: -2

I'm on Win7 and testing the extension for android.

What I did:

- Step 1 to 3b: everything fine
- Step 3c: got error - neko.dll not found
   To solve this, I've installed haxe3, still the same error. Then I've installed neko and change the path. Then it works.
- Step 4: done
- Step 5: running the game then, I got that error.

Does anybody know, what I did wrong?

EDIT:

Solved!
"haxelib install inthebox-macros" installs the files in
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib
I've copied the folder to the right place and now I get no compiling errors.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:38:57 am by Gintonic »

Gintonic

I'm sure You are busy. I've just used the screenshot behavior in my game and could be great to post this screenshots on the Facebook. Would You try to add this to Your extension? IF You haven't used this behavior, I can give You every steps (but it is easy to use, specially for You).

Does anybody know, where I can find that screenshot behavior zawrot13 is talking about? Had no luck in StencylForge...

Konig Studios

Where can you check the bundle ID of the facebook App on the Developer Facebook page? ... or you talking about the Facebook App ID?

<EDIT>

I can't seem to get the 'Facebook Feed Diag' block to load the text I set in.  I can get to the wall via a button press using the extension, it just doesn't set up the description or anything with stuff in the Facebook Feed Diag block.  I'm not sure if it's something with my installation or something else?

I can manually enter a description and submit - that works fine.. but that Facebook Feed Diag block doesn't get the info i inputted into the Facebook page.  What to do.. I'm on iOS btw wondering if anyone else had success?

GeorgeN been very helpful with me and it was an issue of filling all the fields in and using the proper url-link format / pictures.  Thanks again
In the Facebook App -> Settings -> +Add Platform

About your feed problem, do you have an image url in the block? I believe you need the image url in there for it to show the complete feed box.

GeorgeN

He solved the problem.

Its very important to put the link and the image URL correct.

Here are the example from Facebook Developers how the link and image link should be:

Link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios/share/
img: http://i.imgur.com/g3Qc1HN.png

Gintonic

I've got the GRAPH_REQUEST to work (Android for now).

What I did:

Add a new block
C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\extensions\facebook\blocks.xml

<block tag="fb-friendlist" spec="Facebook Friendlist" code="FacebokExtension.facebookFriendlist();" type="action" color="gray" returns="void">
      <fields>

</fields>

Add the functions
C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\extensions\facebook\FacebokExtension.hx

public static function facebookFriendlist( ) : Void {
      fb.addEventListener( HypFacebookRequestEvent.GRAPH_REQUEST_RESULTS, _onGraphResults );
      // fb.call( GRAPH_REQUEST("/me") );
      fb.call( GRAPH_REQUEST("/me/friends") );
   }

public static function _onGraphResults( event : HypFacebookRequestEvent ) {
        trace( 'sResult:'+event.sResult );

}

Updated thid file
C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\extensions\facebook\project\android\fr\hyperfiction\HypFacebook.java

this way
https://github.com/vinu/HypFacebook/commit/4ccd37ca1ce9177f29fc1b6d71c2c62099479b85

because of
http://www.openfl.org/community/general-discussion/hyperextensions-bunch-native-extensions-your-project/?ccm_paging_p=2

Now I recieve the list of friends
fb.call( GRAPH_REQUEST("/me/friends") );
and fb.call( GRAPH_REQUEST("/me") ); works also, but only on my nexus one.
If I try on 2 other android devices (not google), the app crashes. Does anybody have an idea, what can be the reason?

Konig Studios

Got denied from apple for this reason:

"We found the following issues with the user interface of your app:
The app opens a web page in mobile Safari for logging in, then returns the user to the app. The user should be able log in without opening Safari first."

Running iOS and if Facebook is not installed or logged into the integrated Facebook of iOS, then when the "login" block is used it opens safari to log in. Is there a way to change this so the webui shows up within the app to login instead of opening safari?

Thanks