[Unsupported] Facebook Mobile Extension - OpenFL

dripple

Hi rob1221, is it possible for the Stencyl team to create a list of features which we are likely to see in future stencyl builds, and allow users to vote on which features they would like to see implemented first, 2nd, 3rd etc.

We have a suggestion thread where you can either post suggestions OR comment if you would like to see a suggested feature.

-> http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/board,50.0.html
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

Jon

This may be of interest to those who have been seeking a replacement for this.

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,38875.0.html

heshamg

For the 64-bit support, Can't we just re-build the old extension?! Using these instructions: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,38276.msg216089.html
wouldn't that work?

captaincomic

This extension was outdated even before the new 64-bit requirement, so rebuilding it would not be enough to make it work.

heshamg

oh really??
i have stencyl 3.0 and it is working fine with that!
I want to upgrade now so that i can publish on iOS.. I've been working on the game for a year now. Please tell me there's a way this extension will still work..
What is needed for me to upgrade it and make it work for the new stencyl with 64-bit? Do you have an idea? :)

captaincomic

I haven't tried it myself so i don't know, I just read that it doesn't work anymore, and the original creators said they don't have time to update it. If it works with 3.0, then I guess it stopped working with a later version.

heshamg

Ok, I am kind of panicking right now, so Ill ask question! :D
Is there a way to integrate facebook login with stencyl at all other than this?

The extension is working fine on 3.0! Does it make sense that it stopped working for some reason? and that I won't be able to rebuild for 64-bit?

rob1221

I believe it was one of the OpenFL updates that broke this extension sometime betwen 3.0 and 3.2.  If your game depends on it then you unfortunately won't be able to publish your game until someone takes charge of this extension and updates it.  You can't publish to iOS without an updated Stencyl, so even if you got the extension working for 3.0 it wouldn't matter.

heshamg

Ok, let's say I give up on this extension.. which is a disaster in itself..
What options do I have regarding integrating a facebook login feature?

letmethink

None integrated into Stencyl as of yet.
~Letmethink

heshamg

I think i'm still in denial!
My entire game (took almost a year to build) is now based on facebook. That's why I never upgraded from 3.0.
Now I cant go on using 3.0 because that won't work for iOS... but if I upgrade to 3.3 facebook breaks, which ruins the game..
So i'm sorry for nagging a little, but I need a solid answer:
Is there ANY possibility to have a facebook login, just to get the access token, in stencyl?

heshamg

Ok I made an offer for anyone who updates the extension for the rest of us.
Willing to pay 200 USD for it, and ofcourse make it public for all of us.
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,38936

andyvene

Guys stay tuned. I have a completely new extension that works now for 1 month for iOS and android. Made it for my game.
Name of Extension OjyaLeaderboards.
New code and updated  from the begging with compiling.   Fully working for Stencyl 3.2.
 Futures:  Automatic Facebook app install-login with permissions for gaming , Graph requests, Requests for Facebook bonus-lifes you name it , send,ask,turn, Challenge friends , callbacks-Json extract infos , Scores and the most important blocks and also custom blocks that make the extension plug and play.
And more,  a 2d candy crash style Leaderboard with Photos of Facebook friends and score.
But now with 3.3  made it work for iOS but Android crashes. So one has to use 3.2 and 3.3 for iOS and only 3.2 for android. For the moment.
I am happy that works with 3.2 (and 3.3 for iOS)  i will try also support it.
I think to charge just 2 cup of coffees as i hope you can appreciate  how it works,  the futures in it and the hard working of making it.
Please give me time as i have to set some things and see of course the 3.3 android problem.

sandsoftimer

Guys stay tuned. I have a completely new extension that works now for 1 month for iOS and android. Made it for my game.
New code and updated  from the begging with compiling.   Fully working for Stencyl 3.2.
 Futures:  Automatic Facebook app install-login with permissions for gaming , Graph requests, Requests for Facebook bonus-lifes you name it , send,ask,turn, Challenge friends , callbacks-Json extract infos , Scores and the most important blocks and also custom blocks that make the extension plug and play.
And more,  a 2d candy crash style Leaderboard with Photos of Facebook friends and score.
But now with 3.3  made it work for iOS but Android crashes. So one has to use 3.2 and 3.3 for iOS and only 3.2 for android. For the moment.
I think to charge just 2 cup of coffees as i hope you can appreciate  how it works,  the futures in it and the hard working of making it.
Please give me time as i have to set some things and see of course the 3.3 android problem.

Impressive...... Keep going...... best wishes.... and thanks also.
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping
 Android -> Bubble Tapping

Bhoopalan

Any info when this will be available? 2 cups of coffee is definitely fine if all you've mentioned works good.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan