Mr. and Mrs. Tart

Max Finch

My newest addition to the Mr. Tart series is live on Stencyl Arcade.

Right now there are problems with Level 2 where the 1000kg weight is very difficult to push even with both characters and it can take up to 2-3 minutes to complete the level. Right now the fix is to just restart the level and see if it fixes the problem, if not try it again and again. I have a update that fixes this bug but won't be able to upload it until I get home later today.

You can see the full forum posting here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,26063.0.html

The game was sponsored by FreeWorldGroup and will be live in gameshop December 3rd. Additionally I have received some attention from the game which is rather nice.

To anyone wondering; no, I will not be publishing this game to any mobile device. I don't feel it would do well on Mobile partly due to the limited number of levels (12). Also the Mr. Tart series have been rather disappointing in my opinion because I was expecting a little more from this one then I got. I am moving on and will be working on some greater games. Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:02:43 pm by Max Glockling Games »

Stevetheipad

Cool to know there's a professional game developer 20 minutes away from my house :)

Max Finch

Max Finch

New version uploaded, but for whatever reason the game didn't update it just uploaded a new one. SOOOO yeah.... This fixes that major level 2 bug

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/22824

Max Finch

Totally just realized that for whatever reason the game started at the credits. This has been fixed.

Warzone Gamez

The game is the so epically epic!!! I love it! The game is very addicting, the levels are well made, and it was well executed! I've seen all your games, including Mr. Tart football ( was that made with Stencyl? ) and they are all amazing! You are one of the most talented young developer I've ever seen. You deffinatly have a future ahead of you ( I don't need to tell you that, everybody probably tells you that :P  ). I'm honestly pretty jealous of your skills :P .

Its sad to see the mr. Tart series is over. It was a pretty nice series :) . I liked all of them.

I'm very anxious to see what your next game is. I can already tell its going to be great!

Cool to know there's a professional game developer 20 minutes away from my house :)
Luckey. I'm like the only developer  in the state. :P . And I'm not even a pro.... Arkansas... Is pretty much just trees, with some more trees by them. And then, you'll find a occasional small town, but you won't be able to see it because it's hidden by trees :P ! It's not as bad as I made it sound. But it's pretty unpopulated... My best friend is a pro-hacker. He's pretty good. But besides that... I don't know many other fellow developers.
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

Max Finch

The game is the so epically epic!!! I love it! The game is very addicting, the levels are well made, and it was well executed! I've seen all your games, including Mr. Tart football ( was that made with Stencyl? ) and they are all amazing! You are one of the most talented young developer I've ever seen. You deffinatly have a future ahead of you ( I don't need to tell you that, everybody probably tells you that :P  ). I'm honestly pretty jealous of your skills :P .

I do get told this a lot from family, friends, teachers, etc. Who knows maybe I will? If I did get rich I would open a christian foster home to kids because I was once a foster kid and it sucked bad to be frank. That's just kinda what I feel like doing.

[size=78%]Its sad to see the mr. Tart series is over. It was a pretty nice series [/size][size=78%] . I liked all of them.[/size]
[size=78%]

[/size]Just opens doors to newer and potentially better games. My newest game is going to be released tuesday. It features art from more than me because the game was a 3 day game that just randomly got sponsored for $500 so kinda interesting how a goof game got sponsored for that much.[size=78%]

Quote from: Stevetheipad on November 27, 2013, 06:25:05 pm[/size]Cool to know there's a professional game developer 20 minutes away from my house 
[size=78%]

Luckey. I'm like the only developer  in the state.  . And I'm not even a pro.... Arkansas... Is pretty much just trees, with some more trees by them. And then, you'll find a occasional small town, but you won't be able to see it because it's hidden by trees  ! It's not as bad as I made it sound. But it's pretty unpopulated... My best friend is a pro-hacker. He's pretty good. But besides that... I don't know many other fellow developers.

[/size]While he may live near me it doesn't quite mean he's lucky because I don't (think) I've ever met him outside the forums.[size=78%]

[/size]

rob1221

the game was a 3 day game that just randomly got sponsored for $500
:o

Ugh, I don't even think I've made $500 across all my games.

Max Finch

Awe :( That's okay Rob, you're still a Master Stencyler so you got that on me ;) I made $1150 on Mr. Tart, $1450 on Mr. and Mrs. Tart so far, $450 on escaping ben, $450 on No Free Will, $800 on Run with it, and $500 on Mr. Tart soccer. in total that's about $4350 that I've made this year which is pretty good at my age and skill level I guess. Now everyone knows my earning haha :)

All thanks to stencyl.

rob1221

Is that just from primary sponsorship or did you get sitelocks too?

Stevetheipad

Awe :( That's okay Rob, you're still a Master Stencyler so you got that on me ;) I made $1150 on Mr. Tart, $1450 on Mr. and Mrs. Tart so far, $450 on escaping ben, $450 on No Free Will, $800 on Run with it, and $500 on Mr. Tart soccer. in total that's about $4350 that I've made this year which is pretty good at my age and skill level I guess. Now everyone knows my earning haha :)

All thanks to stencyl.
Wow, congrats! My goal is to break even with my iOS app on the Stencyl Studio and Apple iOS license costs.

Max Finch

Since you have Stencyl Studio it wouldn't hurt to make a demo flash game and then say "Want more? Get this game on the Appstore!" You'll get a sponsorship for the flash version if it's good, more traffic for your appstore version which will give you more buys. Goodluck!

Stevetheipad

Since you have Stencyl Studio it wouldn't hurt to make a demo flash game and then say "Want more? Get this game on the Appstore!" You'll get a sponsorship for the flash version if it's good, more traffic for your appstore version which will give you more buys. Goodluck!
Good idea - I might do that. :)

I bought my Stencyl Studio way too early, not using it for a long time. I won't make that mistake again. I also figured I might as well pay the extra $50 to get the Studio version just in case but when it comes time for me to renew my membership I may just go with mobile.

Max Finch

I would recommend doing my idea. If your game is any good and it might be those 100, 000 or more plays will give you some attention.