Mr. and Mrs. Tart

Max Finch

Yeah it's pathetic

Max Finch

Overall I've made like $25 from all my games which have easily surpassed 2 million plays

rob1221

I know people complain about Mochi CPM but I've never heard of rates that low.  I have $151.71 for 748,007 views.  For your next game where you get to choose ads I suggest trying another network like FGLAds or FunKlicks (or CPMStar if you can get a code).  FGLAds is required for flashgamedistribution.com anyway.

spoogob

I used mochi with my games, and over the last year ive made $52 from 5 games (one only went up a couple weeks ago). This is from 330,000 views.

Nathbo

So I take it that rob1221 did not go with the sponsors and got significantly more revenue from ads.

Is it because of using a different network (which one did you use rob?) only
Or it has to do with the fact that the sponsor keeps a part of the ads revenue for themselves as well ?

Thanks
Visit my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/NathboGames

Twitter
@NathboGames

spoogob

I would still say a sponsor amount will always far outweigh ads - though they are ok to make a little extra money. Over 12 months I made $52  - over 10 months I made around £1k from sponsors. (cant speak for rob but I'd guess his figure is from a few games ads over a long period of time).

Max Finch

It doesn't matter if you've been sponsored unless they take ad revenue for themselves which I don't have sponsors that have done that. I don't know why I only have made $25 from ad revenue over the past year. But if you're looking at ad revenue over sponsors keep this in mind. I've made over $5000 this past year from from sponsorships and sitelock buys and only $25 from mochi and $5 from kong.

rob1221

So I take it that rob1221 did not go with the sponsors and got significantly more revenue from ads.

Is it because of using a different network (which one did you use rob?) only
Or it has to do with the fact that the sponsor keeps a part of the ads revenue for themselves as well
You're mis-interpreting my post, which was just comparing my Mochi revenue vs his Mochi revenue.  Sponsorship money is almost always more than ad network money.  While I have had only two games with low-paying sponsorships, that has still earned more than all my ad network money for all games combined.

Ad networks are probably ripping us off, but Mochi seems especially bad.

Max Finch

@Rob1221 Have you had any experience with FGL Ads? What's your rates? Is it worth it?

rob1221

I haven't used them yet, but I will try them out in my future releases.  It's a CPA network so CPM will not be reliable without a very large number of impressions.  I did see this post on the FGL forum which I found interesting:

P.S.: In one game I have cpm = 52.26$ !!!!! Cool (but revenue is 23.10$)

Max Finch

I might start going with them as well because they sound like a much better option than Mochi. I'm just slightly clueless as to how to implement them with what (I think you) provided in a post somewhere.

rob1221

Yeah I have an extension, so implementation is simple.

Max Finch

3.0 or 2.X extension?

rob1221

3.0.  Are you still using 2.2? :P

Max Finch

Yes because all my sponsors have splash screens and the last time I used 3.0 you can't put them in using coleislazys load swf. I will continue to use 2.2 until I can add both a custom preloader and splash.