Artist Needed for a Completed Platformer

Weasel8778

EDIT: 01/12/2011: Back to working on this and Stencylworks in general after having a very busy few month... Still looking for an artist.

My game is a very challenging platformer similar to games like I Wanna Be The Guy. All of the levels and gameplay is complete - I just need to replace the art in the game which is currently placeholder. I also need to add menu screens and a couple of minor changes.

The idea of the game is that there are 3 directions you can go in the start in any order: right (grassland), left (snow) or up (space). After completing each location and defeating the boss at the end, you unlock the final direction (down) to face off against the final boss. The game should take at least a couple of hours to play through.

If you're genuinely interested in contributing to the art of the game, you can play the game here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/9660 (read the description for the controls)

I need a couple of backgrounds and a player character as a top priority. After that, most of the placeholder art looks pretty decent so there shouldn't be too much to change there. Obviously, I'll collaborate more closely with you once you have contacted me. The game will be posted on Kongregate and many other flash portals and you will be entitled to a share of any ad money made.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:56:43 am by Weasel8778 »

kantieno

it says the games doesn't exist plus the offer was made a while ago, so did you already get on offer?
Play my new game "Hidden Valley Ninja" here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kantieno/hidden-valley-ninja

Weasel8778

it says the games doesn't exist plus the offer was made a while ago, so did you already get on offer?

I took the game down but don't have an offer yet. What type of art do you do? Can you do art in the style of the crash course Stencyl graphics? (Mambo, Pronger, etc)

kantieno

im fairly sure i can do it,  ive gotten better :P i am pretty confident in my ability to get done what you need
Play my new game "Hidden Valley Ninja" here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kantieno/hidden-valley-ninja

Weasel8778

BUMP - back working on this and looking for an artist

Jon

Talk to Ethan - he's been looking to pair up, and you've got my endorsement for doing some good work before.

crashcreatures

I've been working on getting involved in stencylworks more, I'd be willing to help how I can. I'm typically a 3d modeler/texture artist but I've designed websites and interface and character art for years.

here is my blog, crashcreatures.blogspot.com The top post is a stencylworks test I did using a bunch of stencylforge resources so none of the art is mine except the "next scene" and "go back" written into the background and the sound I made as well...

I'm really keen on getting involved in this type of stuff soon and not just have to work in UDK and Unity and hope to find a team...though I love me some zbrush...

Gemini

I would quite like to make the skin for your game, provided I were to be cut in on whatever profits may come of it.

benrennich@gmail.com, or here