Stencyl and Servers and MULTIPLAYER

thegenericbanana

If you are legitimately interested (at some points you make it seem otherwise) I genuinely encourage you to start now, I wish that I would have started learning how to code when I was younger. When you are older and more experienced you will be in a much better position already being comfortable with coding.

I would suggest going to http://www.codecademy.com/ It is easy to use and will help you get a basic understanding of many coding languages. Just start with html and then follow there suggestions. It will  be well worth your time and you won't regret it when you are older.

Just do it.
I don't think he has nearly enough ambition or patience, considering he treats it as copy&paste stuff and wants others to do all of the work for him, free of charge.
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

Photon

Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

snake13

You're still going to have to learn code.
Well if you look at the bottom there is the whole code. Just copy an paste:)
Oh, well look at that. Turns out he was right, and we were all wrong- and to think we doubted him! Sorry for treating you badly snake13, you code wizard. Now I'm sure you'll amaze us with a multiplayer game- see if you can find a 3D article with code that magically makes it 3D, then you'll be able to make a game like Call of Duty all by yourself!
I think I'll just give up on the 3D idea. Plus you're being sarcastic right?
Yes. Well, you aren't going to do multiplayer or 3D, and with the knowledge of stencyl you have (visible from the help you tried to give on Ask a Question) I doubt you could make a decent 2D game without spending a long time learning (there sure as hell is no copy paste) and treating many others like your butlers. You're disrespectful, expect way too much from others and don't even acknowledge their helping you when they do help you, and you're extremely annoying. I assume you're a kid, so I won't go further than that, but please, stop being so delusional and stop posting about multiplayer/3D- instead learn how to code (either syntax, so you can eventually make a 3D multiplayer game, in years, or stencyl, so you can make a singleplayer 2D game).

Well for the multiplayer thing I can always ask the creator for the old multiplayer kit ( that doesn't work anymore according to rob.) and he will probaly help me for free  cuz he shared a kit, allowed stencylepedia to do an article multiplayer games. So then I can make my multiplayer game.

No. He won't help you because he's inactive, he doesn't work with that anymore, he'd have to do a LOT of coding in order to make it fit well to any custom game like yours without you doing any coding, and you don't deserve anyone's help- if you do want help, ask reasonable things here and be more mature.
Well coding is different in Stencyl, so even if I learn C++ I probaly wont be able to code in Stencyl.
Ludum Dare Game: Connected Worlds
URL:http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/27958

thegenericbanana

Oh, well look at that. Turns out he was right, and we were all wrong- and to think we doubted him! Sorry for treating you badly snake13, you code wizard. Now I'm sure you'll amaze us with a multiplayer game- see if you can find a 3D article with code that magically makes it 3D, then you'll be able to make a game like Call of Duty all by yourself!
Yes. Well, you aren't going to do multiplayer or 3D, and with the knowledge of stencyl you have (visible from the help you tried to give on Ask a Question) I doubt you could make a decent 2D game without spending a long time learning (there sure as hell is no copy paste) and treating many others like your butlers. You're disrespectful, expect way too much from others and don't even acknowledge their helping you when they do help you, and you're extremely annoying. I assume you're a kid, so I won't go further than that, but please, stop being so delusional and stop posting about multiplayer/3D- instead learn how to code (either syntax, so you can eventually make a 3D multiplayer game, in years, or stencyl, so you can make a singleplayer 2D game).

Well for the multiplayer thing I can always ask the creator for the old multiplayer kit ( that doesn't work anymore according to rob.) and he will probaly help me for free  cuz he shared a kit, allowed stencylepedia to do an article multiplayer games. So then I can make my multiplayer game.

No. He won't help you because he's inactive, he doesn't work with that anymore, he'd have to do a LOT of coding in order to make it fit well to any custom game like yours without you doing any coding, and you don't deserve anyone's help- if you do want help, ask reasonable things here and be more mature.
Well coding is different in Stencyl, so even if I learn C++ I probaly wont be able to code in Stencyl.

Can you re-read what I said? You did not understand the point of it at all, clearly. If you learn C++, you wouldn't NEED TO USE Stencyl. it would be pointless.

ipe 369

Don't wanna be 'that guy', but, don't be a dick:/

snake13

Can you re-read what I said? You did not understand the point of it at all, clearly. If you learn C++, you wouldn't NEED TO USE Stencyl. it would be pointless.
But I have been working on my game for a month. So are you saying rebuild my game in C++?
And all the code I just want to learn is multiplayer nothing else. I don't care a bout anything else right  now about coding.
Ludum Dare Game: Connected Worlds
URL:http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/27958

thegenericbanana

But I have been working on my game for a month. So are you saying rebuild my game in C++?
And all the code I just want to learn is multiplayer nothing else. I don't care a bout anything else right  now about coding.
Coding a multiplayer game is something that takes years to learn. Ok? Just get that- it's something that you have to learn for a very long period of time. Nobody can help you, and nobody will help you, and tutorials with code to copy&paste won't work because each game requires different code. Your game will require different code to make it multiplayer than another. You barely even know how to use the basic mechanics of stencyl, don't expect to make something beyond what the most experienced ones can do.

ipe: are you saying I'm the one being a dick? If so, it's just that this guy doesn't know how to take "You can't do that" for an answer, and is too delusional.

Blue Bit Games

Snake you just have to let go of it.Make other games that are basic.During the makings of other games learn to code multiplayer.Its possible but you just need to start off basic.You can do it but it wont take 1 hour.Im 11 and trying to learn code but it isnt easy.I try and try and I dont give up.I want to follow this dream(unless I make it in baseball)so hard just dont let people let you down and just learn.

colburt187

I know what you mean Genericbanana, is very common for these young guys to turn up here and be like, I wanna make an online, 3D, RTS, NASA programme simulator but I can't get the alien on the crash course to move up and down, can someone make it for me?

It's a long process building up the skills to make more complicated games, best advice any newby can get is start small and keep it simple.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:47:23 pm by colburt187 »

rob1221

You certainly can integrate code with Stencyl, including client-side multiplayer code.  The main language of 3.0 is Haxe, and in addition to that, iOS extensions use Obj-C and Android extensions use Java.  Of course, you'll still have to learn server-side coding for a secure multiplayer game even if using a service like PlayerIO or Apple's Game Center.

online, 3D, RTS, NASA programme simulator
:P

Hectate

Gamegirlxl I apologize for the inconvenience, but this thread has gone off topic and it is in our best interests to lock it for the time being. You are welcome to start fresh in a new topic. I would like to advise everyone else to not revisit the path this thread took.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.