Music and Pixel Art Programs

Blue Bit Games

I wnat to see if there is any suggestions on any music or pixel art programs.Pencyl is not really good with its color and mechanis and I don't know alot of music programs.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:22:13 pm by Blue Bit Games »

8Bit Pony

For Pixel art, I usually use FireAlpaca. It is really good (in my own opinion) for spriting. What you could also use, is GraphicsGale free edition. I don't recomend using MSPaint, but if you want you could.

Hope I helped!

Happy Holidays~

Ceric

This one costs $9 but is pretty cool:

http://pyxeledit.com/index.php

There's also a free version with fewer features. One of the big issues with the free version was the lack of a selection tool, but the updated (paid) version has that.

Some of the main features I like are its ability to allow you make changes to a tile and then have copies of that tile automatically update. Also, it allows you to make animations to test them out.

Blue Bit Games

Ok will try them out thanks for the feedback.

Happy Hollidays!

MadManAdam

For Ceric: pyxeledit the tile sets export to Stencyl just fine?  I've been using PS but want something dedicated to just pixel art.

Ceric

Yeah, Pyxeledit exports to PNG format. You can either export the tiles as individual files or as a sheet.

dripple

Thanks for sharing.
Pyxeledit is a nice gem and should be in everybody's toolbox. Love it!
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

MadManAdam

I just downloaded PyxelEdit.  Can you use it for sprite animation as well?  Looks more like it's main function is tile set creation.  I see the option for a single image document… cool. :)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:35:28 pm by MadManAdam »

Blue Bit Games

I got a trial for Photoshop and I cant find a way to save it as a png file is this even possible?

ManManAdam

I got a trial for Photoshop and I cant find a way to save it as a png file is this even possible?
Click on 'save for web' under the file menu.

Blue Bit Games

It wont let me.It has grey on the text out.

Blue Bit Games

It was set as 32 bit and not 8 bit,

MadManAdam

It was set as 32 bit and not 8 bit,
Works now though right?

Blue Bit Games

Yeah.Thank you so much.

MadManAdam

If anybody is on Mac, iPad, iPhone, check out the app Sprite Something.  Very cool.