Awesome Cutetulu [BETA]

liteking

Here is my game called "Awesome Cutetulu" (regarding the name, it's a combination of Cute and Cthulhu)

Currently it's in beta, you can play first 20 levels here:
http://spiritbomb.co/beta/AwesomeCutetuluBeta.html

I hope you like it :)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:38:01 am by liteking »

DariusSlayer

Looks great!

EDIT: Might want to change death music, as that sounds the same as the one from Mario.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:04:06 am by DariusSlayer »

liteking

@DariusSlayer: Thanks :)
This is just beta version with temporary sounds, I will replace it in final version.

bwwd

this game is fun to play i was hooked and couldnt stop, you should change tiles colours when bg is dark so theyre dark too.Change some music cause that one mcleod track is sooo overused, maybe you should visit some musicians on soundcloud and ask if they would be interested to include their music in your game, if they have huge fanbase then its always good for you.
I also like the option to save her or not, i had the same option in my game :D
How big are your tiles? You didnt had problem with game slowing down when you simulate all actors on huge levels at all times ?Maybe enable keyboard and controlling jump with spacebar as well not just mouse button, sometimes people cant use touchscreen but can use keyboard to play or cant use mouse etc, this would make the game available for more people on more devices cause its basically one button.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:29:33 pm by bwwd »

henson802

Congrats, very well made so far.  Feels polished, good job

merrak

Fun game :)

I noticed in level 1 you are able to jump on top of the blocks that make the ceiling. I thought I had found a secret area :D  It looks like a bug, though.

liteking

Thank you for all the positive feedbacks and suggestions.
Regarding the sound and music, I will change/add more sounds and music.
Some of my friends say that the levels are quite too lengthy, and the game feels like it doesn't have a storyline.
So I'm rewriting the story and doing level design all over again.
I hope more people will like the game :)

liteking

this game is fun to play i was hooked and couldnt stop, you should change tiles colours when bg is dark so theyre dark too.Change some music cause that one mcleod track is sooo overused, maybe you should visit some musicians on soundcloud and ask if they would be interested to include their music in your game, if they have huge fanbase then its always good for you.
I also like the option to save her or not, i had the same option in my game :D
How big are your tiles? You didnt had problem with game slowing down when you simulate all actors on huge levels at all times ?Maybe enable keyboard and controlling jump with spacebar as well not just mouse button, sometimes people cant use touchscreen but can use keyboard to play or cant use mouse etc, this would make the game available for more people on more devices cause its basically one button.
Thanks for the suggestions. They're awesome.
My tile size is 24x24 (48x48 @2x for retina screen).
Keeping the framerate high is always a challenge. I've spent weeks optimizing everything I can to keep it reasonably smooth.

liteking

After a few weeks beta testing, I've gathered a lot of useful feedbacks.
Thank you all. I'm going to finetune the game before release