Do you want to be a member of "Stencyl Syndicate"

1MrPaul1

It is hard to make and to promote games when you are indie developer, when the game market is so loaded.
It is very hard because we are alone against large companies and groups of very talented professionals.
So, I have an idea to make Stencyl Syndicate.
I think, We are (Stencyl developers) got to work as powerful group, it will improve our chances to archive a success in game bussiness.
Stores is full with games made in unity, thousands games from famous studios and greatly advertised brands so in this wild world we are( Stencyl Developers) are not a competitors.
May be this idea is an utopia, but if many of us will agree to be a group, I think everybody will be in plus.
Generally my idea is.
member of the group got to feature, like etc the game of all other members of group. comment it and share with links to it his pages on social networks and youtube.
also, all game are featuring in the Stencyl Syndicate groups and pages on the most popular sites.

member of the group must to have
-at least 1 quality game (not stencyl template game)
- active profiles on facebook, twitter, youtube, google, kongregate, newground, deviantart.
new members selecting by admins

Details are not perfect now but generally, what do you think about the idea?

Stevetheipad

Is the idea to get together to strategize marketing plans or to market our games to the other developers in the group?

Warzone Gamez

This is very interesting, and I think I will probably join. But I don't entirely understand what the goal is? What I'm imagining it to be, I basically a new website, where experienced  "Stencyl Syndicate"  developers can post their games to the "Stencyl  Syndicate" website. The Stencyl Syndicate website is basically a new Newgrounds for only stencyl games. And every member of Stencyl Syndicate is asked to put a link to the Stencyl Syndicate website in all their non-SS (Stencyl Syndicate) games, Facebook pages, and websites to increase popularity and professionalism on the SS website. And in the SS forums, SS members could share marketing tips, new ideas, inspiration, ect... So basically, SS members are one large group made to help fellow members out, and to increase popularity of SS members game, thus spreading the word about Stencyl, and increasing marketing opportunities for SS members.

I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about when you came up with the idea. Even if this isn't what SS is, I would still like to join once I get a little more info about this. Thank you for coming up with this idea, and I'm really looking forward to it becoming a actual thing. :D
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

1MrPaul1

yes, main goal - global marketing of stencyl made games.
As you know, if you have one game you have smaller chance to get players, if you have 100 games you will get more attention for all this 100 games.
If member of the group have even just one game, he will get promotion like if he will have 100 games.

Will be created several Stencyl Syndicate pages
facebook
google + you tube
deviantart
may be some other profiles on social networks that you will suggest.

Games of the members will be added to those profiles by means of links to pages on stores and flash portals.

Also, all members must to comment and like the games of all other members.

If member of Syndicate do not comment and promote games of other actors he will be excluded from the syndicate.

So, may be it will be hard to comment and like every game of every member , but from other side you will get good feedback and promotion for every your game

with grow of the syndicate and popularity of the syndicate, power of this group will grow up and games of the members will be greatly promoted.

snake13

So your saying we should form a group. What should the group name be called. I am getting interested in joining.:)
Ludum Dare Game: Connected Worlds
URL:http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/27958

HopFrog

Good idea. Getting comments and ratings is a huge deal for indie game developers, and this seems like a good way to give each other a boost. Lets not call it "SS" though (google it if you don't know why). 

Warzone Gamez

yes, main goal - global marketing of stencyl made games.
As you know, if you have one game you have smaller chance to get players, if you have 100 games you will get more attention for all this 100 games.
If member of the group have even just one game, he will get promotion like if he will have 100 games.

Will be created several Stencyl Syndicate pages
facebook
google + you tube
deviantart
may be some other profiles on social networks that you will suggest.

Games of the members will be added to those profiles by means of links to pages on stores and flash portals.

Also, all members must to comment and like the games of all other members.

If member of Syndicate do not comment and promote games of other actors he will be excluded from the syndicate.

So, may be it will be hard to comment and like every game of every member , but from other side you will get good feedback and promotion for every your game

with grow of the syndicate and popularity of the syndicate, power of this group will grow up and games of the members will be greatly promoted.
That's great! I love the idea of helping promote each others games that wouldn't stand a chance without it. It will give many new opportunities to rising developers. Just a few more question though...

- Is there going to be a website. If so, who is going to make it, and what will the layout be like. Will it be similaiar to the Stencyl.com?

- Are we going to make a stencyl syndicate logo, and request that every Stencyl syndicate member have a Stencyl syndicate logo? I think that would boost popularity of Stencyl syndicate in a whole when people see our games on newgrounds or somthing, and see it was from Stencyl Sydicate. Is this a good idea?

- One thing I'm concerned about, it's kinda hard to explain. But I'm afraid sence it's suppose to be a group to help promote each other, that we shouldn't make one member look better by giving him a higher rank or authority, because sombody could easily use that to boost only his/hers popularity, not the whole group. But at the same time, we still need there to be admins and a president, to maintain order, and make/apply rules. I don't know if I'm making perfect sense, but I think if sombody has higher authority or power, he/she may use it for their own benifents. This probably won't happen though.

- Are we going to have a test we need to pass to become a official member of the group? What will the test be?

- My last concern. We need it to be a professional group, with only professional games so we can make a good reputation, and having people come to our website and play games. But if we want it to be professional, we would have to exclude some people, and only let professionals in. But now, the excluded people have no way to get there name out, and it will be harder for them to get better. So what are we going to do about turning people down from our group? Because if we let in alot of people with bad games, it will give us a bad name, and will make it harder for everybody to get word out. So, my personal opinion is, that we need to keep our group exclusive, so it gives our members a better name, and better marketing possibilities.

I would love for this to happen! This is a great idea! And I want to be a part of this! This will give many people a better marketing chance. If we do this, I would deffinatly like to join. Tell me if there's anything I can do to help or be a part if this.

Good idea. Getting comments and ratings is a huge deal for indie game developers, and this seems like a good way to give each other a boost. Lets not call it "SS" though (google it if you don't know why). 
Ohhhhhh...
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

1MrPaul1

Yeah, SS this is not a good name...
we may to call it - "Block"
Because block is a main stencyl instrument and name got to be short and simple.

Nothing not happening from nothing.
if you want ratings you also need to work.
From start, all members of the syndicate will moderate the group, one day - one member or one member every week.
This is will not be hard I think, copy past everything from one site to another.

All ratings must be five, comments allows constructive critique but must be expanded, not just nice, good etc...

When member publish his game, it will be posted on the social network sites, all other members got to feature the game after this.
Game author controlling that all members add like and rating.
If some member don't made a response within a week, game author add the name of the actors to the black list in the hidden(only for members) part of the site. 3 notes in the black list in a raw and member excluded from the group.

I don't think we need to make a special site from start, too hard to make and moderate it, I think several pages on the most popular social networks will be enough.

I can make a logo and baners for all sites.

In flash games we can play on kong and NG, and every game author got to share with promo code for their paid games. In other way group members will not be able to estimate a mobile game.

If talk about quality of the game.
I think games must have basic quality level.
Not prototype, not template.
We must to give a chance for every developer, first games usually not very good but it is not mean that other games will not be very cool.

Anyway, the group will not give full promotion
it is just give a chance to be discovered by wider outside audience that will anyway give more objective value to the game.
So, every member must to understand himself that everything depends from him, he can use his chance or loose it.

More benefits from the group will have those who will make more and better games.

Stevetheipad

What do you mean by "all ratings must be five"?

1MrPaul1

on some sites you can just like or fav, but on sites where needed rating, you need give a good rating.
 this is what support mean,
if you give low rating this is, opposite of support, don't know this word in English

ipe 369

(I think) Paul means that if you've made a load of bad games, you won't be helpful, you'll just drag everyone down?

thegenericbanana

(I think) Paul means that if you've made a load of bad games, you won't be helpful, you'll just drag everyone down?
No, he means that on sites like Kongregate you need to give a 5/5, which would be a terrible rule. First, well, there's no way to see what somebody gave, so it would be useless anyways, and second, if somebody submits a bad game nobody should give it a 5/5 simply because it was made in Stencyl.
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

ipe 369

OH RIGHT OKAY
Nah i see now, I thought this was like a group of people who would collaberate, but from what you said, it's where you have to give all stencyl games good ratings to help eachother out?

I don't really like that

Stevetheipad

on some sites you can just like or fav, but on sites where needed rating, you need give a good rating.
 this is what support mean,
if you give low rating this is, opposite of support, don't know this word in English
I agree with thegenericbanana here, it's unacceptable and morally unsettling to rate something well simply because you know the person who made it. If we give each other only 5/5 ratings we will essentially be kicking ourselves in the long run when our games never improve because we've had no critisism to lead us.

1MrPaul1

how to choose what is bad or what is good?
good for somebody can be bad for others...

I will talk on examples.
Angry Birds, most popular game now.

Is it super quality, very innovate game, super interesting game? no.
Was it popular from the start? no

When it was published at first time, nobody knows about this game several month, but than, Chillingo , trough their frends, and big money, nominated Angry Birds with title "most popular game", placed on front page of the APP store for a long time.
and miracle... Angry Birds really became popular...

It is also not moral or fair but it is happened and it is really helps to Rovio to show to all planet their really good game.

This is why game published by large Publishers, are more popular that game published by indie developer himself.

I saw so many games, very bad on my taste but with good rating. And I can't tell that Stencyl is bad, I can just tell that my taste is different from the taste of those who gave those ratings.

In fact, I just want to offer to help each other, as we can, even if you think, that game is bad, ok, tell to your friend what is bad but give him a good rating, it will motivated him in future.