Vungle Extension [Broken, Help Wanted]

GeorgeN

I've made an Android extension for www.vungle.com some time ago and now I have the opportunity to share it with you.

I used Vungle video ads in my Game of Thrones Trivia game on Google Play for some time. The ads ar shown when a level is ended with a delay between ads of 500 seconds (you can change this from dashboard). The eCPM is insane. In one day was $67.

Ok so see the attach for the extension.

Install it and go to AndroidManifest.xml template ([STENCYL INSTALL LOCATION]\plaf\haxe\lib\openfl-native\1,1,4\templates\android\template) and add this permissions:
Code: [Select]

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />

And in <aplication> tag add this:

Code: [Select]
<activity
      android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleAdvert"
      android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"
      android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />

<service android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleIntentService"/>

These are the code blocks.

Create a new App entry into Vungle dashboard copy the App ID and place it in "Vungle Setup App ID" block. Put this block in your main scene.

When you want to show an ad(game over screen or whatever) use "Vungle Show Interstitial".

You can also control the sound(on/off) of a video ad. You can figure it out by yourself what the other blocks do.

Here are some number from my game.

@Jon The logo for the new website.

It would be super awsome if someone will take this and do the iOS part for it. Vungle and Chartboost worth it.

Thanks,
George

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:22:34 pm by Jon »

altobi

Hey. This looks good!

Can you share some more revenue info with us?

Ali.

GeorgeN

This is all. One game just on Android. The game started to do well in terms of downloads. I have almost 2000 active installs on Google Play. An account manager from Vungle told me that on iOS the revenues are better than Google Play.

rob1221

2 cents per download isn't bad at all.  That's what I got from Chartboost on iOS the last time I calculated it.  Of course I would expect video ads to do better, especially if they use a forced delay.

altobi

can you link to the game you used it on?

Ali

Jon

Thanks George. I've added Vungle to the new site.

altobi

Any chance for IOS versjon?

Ali

GeorgeN

Any chance for IOS versjon?

Ali

From me no. But if someone will integrate the iOS part will be awsome.

altobi

I can see that you also have an app for sale on appstore. Can you share how well its doing when it comes to revenue compered to apps with only ads?

Ali

GeorgeN

I can see that you also have an app for sale on appstore. Can you share how well its doing when it comes to revenue compered to apps with only ads?

Ali
Yes. I've got 3 downloads in the first day and 0 after that.  It was more like an experiment for me. I wanted to check how the apps for kids (with no ads, IAP's  or external links) are doing and if I will start making this kind of apps. The experiment failed. Maybe who knows with marketing they can do well. There was no marketing for it.

Personally for now on I will make just free apps/games with ads.

GeorgeN

Alright! Thanks George!

You welcome!

This is my story(and my not so good app) but who knows, for some one else it can work well.  There is fellow stencyler here on forum that made a lot of kids games targeted for Norwegian app store and he is doing very well.

altobi

I'm also norwegian. Who is he?

GeorgeN

I'm also norwegian. Who is he?
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,25558.0.html

Ups we are chit-chating here :D. If you have further questions not related to Vungle extension you can private message me anytime :)