Vungle Extension [Broken, Help Wanted]

FranAlt

Hi, I am trying to integrate Vungle into my game but I can't get it to work, the build fails.

This is my log:

[LOG] -code-gen:
[LOG]      [echo] ----------
[LOG]      [echo] Handling aidl files...
[LOG]      [aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling RenderScript files...
[LOG] [renderscript] No RenderScript files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling Resources...
[LOG]      [aapt] Generating resource IDs...
[LOG]      [aapt] /Users/francoaltuna/stencylworks/games-generated/Arctic Journey/Export/android/bin/AndroidManifest.xml:6: error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize').
[LOG]
[LOG] BUILD FAILED
[LOG] /Users/francoaltuna/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:560: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[LOG] /Users/francoaltuna/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:589: null returned: 1
[LOG]
[LOG] Total time: 1 second

This is the Vungle part of AndroidManifest:

<activity
        android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleAdvert"
        android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"
        android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
      />
      <service android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleIntentService"/>

(The user-permission are working fine)

If I change the underlined part to: keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation then the game builds but the ads would still not show.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Swipe - FREE          Cloud Run - FREE              

iOS                                Android
    Android

GeorgeN

Can you check the compiled AndroidManifest.xml from your game(is in stencylworks->games generated) to see if:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" android:targetSdkVersion="16"/>

FranAlt

Nope SDK 8

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8"/>

And I can't find: "android:targetSdkVersion="16"/>"

What should I do?

Android

GeorgeN

It wont work because orientation and screeSize tags were introduced in API 12-13.

Are you using stencyl NME? I'm using January 28 OpenFL build and Vungle its working fine for me.

FranAlt

Im using an older version of Stencyl because other extensions don't work under OpenFl (e.g. RevMob) :(
I guess I will start using the latest version of Stencyl, Vungle is worth it haha

Thanks anyway!

Android

GeorgeN

Im using an older version of Stencyl because other extensions don't work under OpenFl (e.g. RevMob) :(
I guess I will start using the latest version of Stencyl, Vungle is worth it haha

Thanks anyway!

RevMob can be fixed to work on OpenFL. In my oppinion go with Chartboost instead of RevMob. And Vungle yes totaly worth it :)

FranAlt

Im now with the latest version of Stencyl but I still can't get it to work...

Can you show me your AndroidManifest? Maybe Im doing something wrong there. When the game is compiling I can notice at some points bits like this "Missing: Vungle Setup App ID: %0.help" or "Missing: Vungle Sound Enabled: %0.help". The game builds and runs but no ads appear.

Android

GeorgeN

Those are not errors.  The manifest in attach.

Abliblablobla

I'm interested in Vungle and their video ads and I would like to see this extension work on iOS devices as well. Unfortunately we can't use third-party frameworks in our extensions so I contacted Vungle to ask if they distribute their SDK as a static library (.a) on request. They kindly answered me that they don't provide their current SDK as a static library, but they are developing the next version of their SDK and will distribute it both as a framework and as a static library. The next version of their SDK is coming in the next weeks, so I will start to work on a Vungle extension for iOS as soon as they release it.
.: BuruBuru :.

GeorgeN

I'm interested in Vungle and their video ads and I would like to see this extension work on iOS devices as well. Unfortunately we can't use third-party frameworks in our extensions so I contacted Vungle to ask if they distribute their SDK as a static library (.a) on request. They kindly answered me that they don't provide their current SDK as a static library, but they are developing the next version of their SDK and will distribute it both as a framework and as a static library. The next version of their SDK is coming in the next weeks, so I will start to work on a Vungle extension for iOS as soon as they release it.

Uhu nice news!!!

altobi

Thats good news, Abliblablobla!

TwistedIdentity

Thanks for this extension... Just wanted to share my numbers

My Critter Android http://bit.ly/1gJyUs4
TI's FB Page: http://on.fb.me/1ijla4Y
Deadly Space Boss Arena 2: http://goo.gl/KIuowG

Follow me on Twitter: @jettas88

havana24

Hi,

Stupid question; Where I can find the android manifest?  :o

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro
My Website: www.havana24.net

TwistedIdentity

Hi,

Stupid question; Where I can find the android manifest?  :o

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro

[STENCYL INSTALL LOCATION]\plaf\haxe\lib\openfl-native\1,1,4\templates\android\template
My Critter Android http://bit.ly/1gJyUs4
TI's FB Page: http://on.fb.me/1ijla4Y
Deadly Space Boss Arena 2: http://goo.gl/KIuowG

Follow me on Twitter: @jettas88