Vungle Extension [Broken, Help Wanted]

altobi

It really saddens me that this extension is not available on iOS. Is there anyone out there, anyone, who could make a Vungle extension for iOS? Please?!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:45:21 am by altobi »

tarun766

Why is this extension not for ios?

GeorgeN

Why is this extension not for ios?

Because is not. Feel free to make it for iOS if you know how.

tarun766

This is the end of it

Code: [Select]
LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not convert bytecode...
[LOG] -crunch:
[LOG]    [crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/res
[LOG]    [crunch] To destination dir: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/bin/res
[LOG]    [crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache
[LOG] -package-resources:
[LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not package resources...
[LOG] -package:
[LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not package apk...
[LOG] -post-package:
[LOG] -release-prompt-for-password:
[LOG] -release-nosign:
[LOG]      [echo]
[LOG] [propertyfile] Updating property file: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/bin/build.prop
[LOG] [propertyfile] Updating property file: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/bin/build.prop
[LOG] -release-sign:
[LOG] -post-build:
[LOG] release:
[LOG] -code-gen:
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Found Deleted Target File
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Merging AndroidManifest files into one.
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Merging manifests from project and 2 libraries.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling aidl files...
[LOG]      [aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] ----------
[LOG]      [echo] Handling RenderScript files...
[LOG] [renderscript] No RenderScript files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling Resources...
[LOG]      [aapt] Generating resource IDs...
[LOG]      [echo] Handling BuildConfig class...
[LOG] [buildconfig] Generating BuildConfig class.
[LOG] -pre-compile:
[LOG] -compile:
[LOG]     [javac] Compiling 19 source files to /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/bin/classes
[LOG]     [javac] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/src/AdWhirl.java:77: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac]      AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                            ^
[LOG]     [javac] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/src/AdWhirl.java:136: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac] AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                       ^
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[LOG]     [javac] 2 errors
[LOG] BUILD FAILED
[LOG] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:713: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[LOG] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:727: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
[LOG] Total time: 5 seconds
[LOG] Finished building for Android (or errored out): 1

GeorgeN

This is the end of it

LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not convert bytecode...
[LOG] -crunch:
[LOG]    [crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/res
[LOG]    [crunch] To destination dir: /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/deps/myadmob/bin/res
[LOG]    [crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache
[LOG] -package-resources:
[LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not package resources...
[LOG] -package:
[LOG]      [echo] Library project: do not package apk...
[LOG] -post-package:
[LOG] -release-prompt-for-password:
[LOG] -release-nosign:
[LOG]      [echo]
[LOG] -release-sign:
[LOG] -post-build:
[LOG] release:
[LOG] -code-gen:
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Found Deleted Target File
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Merging AndroidManifest files into one.
[LOG] [mergemanifest] Merging manifests from project and 2 libraries.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling aidl files...
[LOG]      [aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling RenderScript files...
[LOG] [renderscript] No RenderScript files to compile.
[LOG]      [echo] Handling Resources...
[LOG]      [aapt] Generating resource IDs...
[LOG]      [echo] Handling BuildConfig class...
[LOG] [buildconfig] Generating BuildConfig class.
[LOG] -pre-compile:
[LOG] -compile:
[LOG]     [javac] Compiling 19 source files to /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/bin/classes
[LOG]     [javac] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/src/AdWhirl.java:77: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac]      AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                            ^
[LOG]     [javac] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/games-generated/Oink Says The Pig/Export/android/bin/src/AdWhirl.java:136: AdRequest() has private access in com.google.ads.AdRequest
[LOG]     [javac] AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();
[LOG]     [javac]                       ^
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[LOG]     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[LOG]     [javac] 2 errors
[LOG] BUILD FAILED
[LOG] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:713: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[LOG] /Users/amarjittathgur/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:727: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
[LOG] Total time: 5 seconds
[LOG] Finished building for Android (or errored out): 1

Did you clean up the project? And I don't think the error is Vungle related. It was something wrong with Admob built in support. In the latest versions of Stencyl that was fixed.

valderamo

I sugest if there are enough people who needs Vungle for iOS to collect some money and simply to pay someone for creating such extension. I think there should be enough people who would pay 5 or 10 bucks for such purpose.

GeorgeN

I sugest if there are enough people who needs Vungle for iOS to collect some money and simply to pay someone for creating such extension. I think there should be enough people who would pay 5 or 10 bucks for such purpose.

Sounds good.

mat0pad

For me the block (below) does not return any value?
vungle video availability with log

GeorgeN

For me the block (below) does not return any value?
vungle video availability with log

Try with Device Monitor

mat0pad

Yeah working now thanks :)

I see you've added the event listener
onAdUnavailable() for the block "vungle video availability with log "
Could you add in the event listener for when an ad has been viewed??

public void onVideoView(boolean isCompletedView)
^It's called each time an ad completes. isCompletedView is true if at least 80% of the video was watched.

mat0pad

Is there any other way to check if the user has viewed an ad?

GeorgeN

You want to give something back to the user if he watch the ad?

mat0pad

Jep I want to reward the user with in-game money

GeorgeN

Jep I want to reward the user with in-game money

I'm trying now to make something but I don't promise. Another way is to do something like this. On Vungle dashboard->app->edit->advanced settings check the Force View. This way the user wont have the option to close the ad. The ad will show he will watch it. And give him the reward.

LE: neah I get a lot of errors. The thing is they changed a lot of stuff in the latest SDK's so it needs some time an effort to update it.

mat0pad

Okay :) I'm already doing the forced view, but the problem is when there's no internet connection the user can "cheat" to get the reward without wacthing the ad