Invisible tiles.....???

Rawr

Okay, I'm a pretty new user around here, just attempting to make a game.

created my first original tileset and set collisions.

But...when I drag the tiles into my scene, they appear in edit mode, but when I test the game, they're gone.

Even creepier...it doesn't show the tiles, but the tiles are there: The player collides with the block that the tile was placed, but there is no tile to be seen.

Anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

Please help, thanks.

xmagicx60

Okay, I'm a pretty new user around here, just attempting to make a game.

created my first original tileset and set collisions.

But...when I drag the tiles into my scene, they appear in edit mode, but when I test the game, they're gone.

Even creepier...it doesn't show the tiles, but the tiles are there: The player collides with the block that the tile was placed, but there is no tile to be seen.

Anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

Please help, thanks.
A lot of people are having this problem, for me, just restart stencylWorks and try again.

Rawr

Dat doesn't work either... :(

Anyways, Ohai xmagicx! Nice to see you in somewhere else than IB... :P

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:59:46 pm by Rawr »

1MrPaul1

May be you have this problem coz edit old tiles, it's always better to creat new tileset without adding and editing old tiles, and if you edit something, you need to do this very carefully, delete old tiles first, than adding new, also, better to delete all not needed tiles(that you plan to replace) in scene, and only after that make edites in tilesets, it will help you to make your work more clean

Rawr

May be you have this problem coz edit old tiles, it's always better to creat new tileset without adding and editing old tiles, and if you edit something, you need to do this very carefully, delete old tiles first, than adding new, also, better to delete all not needed tiles(that you plan to replace) in scene, and only after that make edites in tilesets, it will help you to make your work more clean
Extremely annoying punctuation ::)

Anyway, Solved question by switching to 32*32 tiles instead of 16*16.
So...Got idea what the question is...or was? :-\

1MrPaul1

Oh sorry, I just trying to help, its not easy for me talking on English about so complex things... I had the same problem when began working on stencyl and problem was in old tiles that I tried to edit