Can I play soundeffects and music at the same time?

19maxk21

I have been making a game for a computer programming class (I'm in 7th grade). We are not allowed to download behaviors off of Stencylforge. I have made it so when I press the up key it plays a jump sound effect, however this stops my music for my game. Is there a ways possible that will allow me to play the jump sound at the same time as the music? If so may someone post the code need to allow this (I would prefer screenshots but writing the code in repose to would also be fantastic). Thank you in advanced for helping me  :)

P.S I'm fairly new to programming in Stencylforge and this is my first forum post. 
    \ (•◡•) /

acarnivorousocean

Welcome to the forum!  The reason your sounds are cancelling out is probably because you are playing them on the same Channel.  Check out Stencylpedia for more info on working with sounds:
    http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/playing-sounds-and-music/

When you are going to play a sound, there is a block that says:

Play [sound] on Channel (?)

Just assign it a number from 1-31, which is more than enough to keep everything separate.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:52:53 pm by acarnivorousocean »

19maxk21

Thank you so much! :D I took I look back at my coding and I had the same code but was not running off of the channels.
    \ (•◡•) /

acarnivorousocean

You're welcome!  Good luck with your game  8)