Getting rid of text in scenes.

19maxk21

How do I make it so when I leave the region the text goes away this is my code:
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

Change "Enters" to "is inside" or whatever so it's constantly TRUE while he's inside. Then, in an ALWAYS block set it to false. Every time it loops through it'll be false at first, then if he's inside it'll become true. If it doesn't get reset to true, that means he's not inside it and the text shouldn't show.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

19maxk21

Change "Enters" to "is inside" or whatever so it's constantly TRUE while he's inside. Then, in an ALWAYS block set it to false. Every time it loops through it'll be false at first, then if he's inside it'll become true. If it doesn't get reset to true, that means he's not inside it and the text shouldn't show.

May you post a screenshot of what I have to do?
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

Humn, well I thought there was a "actor is inside region" block but apparently there are only "enters" and "exits" options.

Either way, the following should work for your needs. Keep in mind that "Last Created Region" only works if there's just one region, or the last created one is the one you need. Creating a Region attribute to use there would be better.

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

19maxk21

Humn, well I thought there was a "actor is inside region" block but apparently there are only "enters" and "exits" options.

Either way, the following should work for your needs. Keep in mind that "Last Created Region" only works if there's just one region, or the last created one is the one you need. Creating a Region attribute to use there would be better.

Thanks!
\ (•◡•) /

19maxk21

It didn't work
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

put a "Print (Inside)" block inside the "Always" wrapper and tell me; does it every change between True and False when you expect it to?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

19maxk21

You'll have to post screenshots buddy
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

You'll have to learn that not everybody has time to cater to your demands. The instructions are clear: use a Print block with the Boolean attribute inside the Always wrapper. Look for the True or False notes in the console while the game runs. Does it do what you expect?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Max Finch

There's a search bar you can type "print" if you can't find it.

19maxk21

Sorry Hectate I wasn't trying to commanded you. And no it didn't work
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

No problem, just try to be understanding when we are attempting to help you.

Define doesn't work for us. Text never shows? Never goes away? Print statement doesn't print?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Photon

I know I might tend to be a broken record on this, but region entry/exit listeners have been buggy for me in the past.

Also, there is a "Actor in Region" Boolean block. Its under Scene >> Regions.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

19maxk21

It's solved thanks guys! :)
\ (•◡•) /

Hectate

I know I might tend to be a broken record on this, but region entry/exit listeners have been buggy for me in the past.

Also, there is a "Actor in Region" Boolean block. Its under Scene >> Regions.
And here I was looking for an event.  ::)
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.