[Windows] Gamepad Extension [Now part of Stencyl 3.2+]

kierannolan

I'm not using any joystick drivers, I'm on Mavericks

I'm using this retro-link atari to usb cable along with a clone of an atari 2600 joystick

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Link-Atari-PC-USB-Cable/dp/B007ZS35CU

thiagojabur

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long.

kierannolan, there are two possibilites.  One that the atari stick is read as a trackball (which would be quite weird) and I'm not handling trackballs atm. Second one is that the input isn't handled as a traditional joystick. If the case is the later one, well, there is nothing much I can do :C it would be necessary to change Joshua's Joystick API for OpenFL and that I'm afraid I cannot do ATM.

And Dude, didn't forgot about you, it is just that I've got flooded of stuff to do for the past month. I will PM you in a few.

Leaufai

The game wouldn't allow me to install this extension if it was .rar. When I zipped up the contents and fed that .zip to the Install Extension button in the Extensions tab of the Settings menu, it worked.

DudeMakingAGame

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long.

kierannolan, there are two possibilites.  One that the atari stick is read as a trackball (which would be quite weird) and I'm not handling trackballs atm. Second one is that the input isn't handled as a traditional joystick. If the case is the later one, well, there is nothing much I can do :C it would be necessary to change Joshua's Joystick API for OpenFL and that I'm afraid I cannot do ATM.

And Dude, didn't forgot about you, it is just that I've got flooded of stuff to do for the past month. I will PM you in a few.

Thanks! Look forward to it.

pixcomp

Hi

i have a problem using this extension... i cant use it xP.
already installed, enabled it, and when i test it, only show me a blank window.
Anyone here had the same problem?

i try in stencyl 3.0 and windows 7, i don't know if this has something to do.

joaomiguel

I downloaded the gamepad extension and the sample, when I compile the joystick configuration showed this error: Confirm Configuration (62) -  Unexpected ).
Can you help me it this error?

tejon

@joaomiguel - something similar was happening to me, here's how I fixed it: in the Confirm Configuration behavior, the first code piece in the block is "Startup the joystick listeners using..." and somehow it was missing a value for diagonal threshold. There wasn't even a place to PUT a value. Remove that line (shift-drag to trash) and replace it (the piece is under Extensions). Set the values and it should work.

Note that there's another issue: it doesn't work in Flash, make sure to set the right platform before trying to test it!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:12:04 am by tejon »

Martholomew

I've been using this extension, but for some reason, the extension refuses to bind more than 4 controls at once. It keeps overwriting old ones. How do I bind more controls?

Attached is a stencyl game that shows the bug. After running, click on a square to bind a key to it, and after that, the square will change whenever that control is pressed.

Would really appreciate some answers! (Also, I can confirm it's not my gamepad. I tried three different ones on 2 different computers)

UPDATE: I tried adding more control keys to the original demo game, and the same problem occurs. This probably means that this is a problem with the original extension?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:22:53 pm by Martholomew »

thiagojabur

Sorry for being absent once again, guyse. Since I'm not currently working on the particular game that uses the gamepad I've kinda abandoned the extension. Sorry once again for that.

For the error joamiguel and Tejon had, my fault on that one,  I didn't update the sample game using the updated extension, so, the slot for the threshold wasn't showing up. Removing the block and re-adding it will solve the problem, as Tejon said.

For Martholomew, I think I adressed his issue on deviantart, waiting for his positive (or negative) response for me to post the solution here.

<3

Martholomew

Thanks for the update thiagojabur! I'm currently talking to Tiopalada directly through DA. I'll post something here if we manage to fix the issue!