Space Pirate

Bombini

Here is how the rough progress looks like.
  • blue boxes are levels
  • the player will get control over the ship (and ther for use the star map only after level 3 or later)
  • saving will happen after every major dialogue or goal achieved because i want to avoid having palyers going through it again
  • There will be different levels in between when you enter the star map if you choose to play them

Bombini

Hôla Space Pirateros!

I did a lot of finetuning, testing, bug hunting, AI improvements and level finetuning in the last weeks.
I also moved houses which leaves me in a bit of an exhausted state and i am looking forward to have some bbq's (fighting the cold german weather) and digital offtime during the x-mas time.

I am currently waiting anyways for the narrative script (which is a bit late unfortunately) for the last levels which i will work on once i have that. The next steps will be finishing the content and planning a release afterwards. I still have to decide where and how to do it. Also which price (if any) i will ask for. I would spend some dollars as a customer on this game (if i ask myself being a customer) but rather in the range of <=$5 and not so much<=$10. Let me know if you have an opinion. Playtime will be a couple of hours will little replay value because of the story (there are some hidden levels in the star map though). I plan for different endings but this does not branch in the beginning.

Afterwards i will either use the "engine" for another game, maybe coorporate with someone who is interested, expand on it or make it "open source". I still have to see how much value is in it but i could see a new game with new features and a different look.

My main achievement was to learn, see how far i can push myself (and Stencyl) and see if it turns into a product others find interesting. I think so btw ;)

So stay tuned you lovely Stencyl community,
Bombini

domagojbulat

I am definitely interested in playing your game and seeing how it goes on in the future! I don't have an expert opinion, but I feel something around $5 might be a good price. I am your customer either way you decide  :) Also, when the game is this neat, there is a replay value even in going on trough the same story once more.

merrak

Will definitely pick this up is there's a Linux version :)

Not that I'm an expert on pricing, but $10 seems a bit steep for two hours of game play. With a short game play time my thought would be to set the price on the lower end of the spectrum ($5) in order to build a wider audience. Once you have an audience built up, you could use the same engine to make and sell a second episode.

Bombini

Hm... how do i compile a linux version? Never thought about it.
I think the playtime is actually around 3-5 hours depending on how you play. I think something around 3.49 might work.
Have nice weekend guys!

domagojbulat

If it is possible, you might put a larger price, for example around $7 and then often hold some discounts up to 50% - 70%.
I’m not sure how doscount policies work though, don’t have experience with selling PC games so far. (I do have Woodwarf on itch.io and Amazon Underground for $1 but with zero sold units)

rob1221

Hm... how do i compile a linux version? Never thought about it.
You need to open Stencyl in Linux to compile to Linux.

Bombini

Of course...silly me ;)

Bombini

I think there wont be further updates this year.
Wishing you all the best!

Have a great time :)

NickamonPoppytail

I think there wont be further updates this year.
Wishing you all the best!

Have a great time :)

This year as in 2017? ;)
Currently developing Poppytail 5, Pixeltail, and The Poppytales.

Email: nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com

;)

Bombini

Yes 2017 ... but turns out i was wrong ;)
I worked on the planet surfaces (mostly code polishing but also some new tiles and stuff.

merrak

Is Santa an actual character? :D

Bombini

Well...i made the image for this forum... but turned him into a NPC  because he is actually fun...a bit easter eggy but he also has a gun which fires unique projectiles :)

NickamonPoppytail

Well...i made the image for this forum... but turned him into a NPC  because he is actually fun...a bit easter eggy but he also has a gun which fires unique projectiles :)

Interesting.
Currently developing Poppytail 5, Pixeltail, and The Poppytales.

Email: nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com

;)

Bombini

Hi Space Pirates!

I hope you had a good start.
I am about to get the final script and i am about to get back to work on implementing it.
I unfortunately have to rewrite the dialogue engine a bit to get it in but hey ;)

All the best!