GoldSpace (Working title: Space Pirate)

Bombini

Hi Space Pirates,
i am going still through the whole game fixing bugs but also still polish the levels.
Level 12 felt for example a bit empty so i added another mini boss:

Have a great day :)

Bombini

Hola Space Pirateros!

...oh it has been very quite here...let me explain why.
I was going through the whole game with the author of the script and revising it. Polishing levels, advancing the endings as you see here:

I actually had to create an earth tile set just for one of the endings. You could argue that most of the players might not see it but i hate endings which are not satisfying.

I also had to replace all drawing events because they would crash the game in fullscreen and cause performance issues without any understandable pattern. So i recreated them with pixels:

All this....working 4 weeks a lot and hard on it. And then my notebook started to burn.
I am a backup guy but you know...not for the last 4 weeks though.
I cried.

...but got my energy and focus back and started recreating everything.
I am almost done :)

Stay tuned!

dtishin

All this....working 4 weeks a lot and hard on it. And then my notebook started to burn.
I am a backup guy but you know...not for the last 4 weeks though.
I cried.

Man that feels devastating! I'm so sorry it happened. A brief moment of disbelief, then a lot of swearing, quickly followed by a hollow feeling and cold sweat... Just crazy.

Have you considered using "Backup and Sync from Google" desktop app (formerly called simply the Google Drive app) to automatically sync your project folder with a Google Drive folder? 

dtishin

Hi again, I get a runtime crash when I Start a game -> Exit to menu > Select New Game -> See warning about existing game -> Press Escape.

By the way, is Visual Studio / hxcpp debugging disabled for your public builds, or it only works on the developer's machine? I wanted to send more info but it doesn't allow to Break the execution.

Bombini

Thanks for your comment :)

I definitely need to work on my backup system and will take a look.
Hi again, I get a runtime crash when I Start a game -> Exit to menu > Select New Game -> See warning about existing game -> Press Escape.
What you are describing is design. Pressing ESC on the main menu will kill the app/game. I see how it can be confusing if you have the warning prompt open though.
By the way, is Visual Studio / hxcpp debugging disabled for your public builds, or it only works on the developer's machine? I wanted to send more info but it doesn't allow to Break the execution.

All debugging should be disabled yes. What would you like to send?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:43:18 am by Bombini »

dtishin

Quote from: Bombini
All debugging should be disabled yes. What would you like to send?

Since killing the app on ESC is not a bug, nothing at the moment!