GoldSpace (Working title: Space Pirate)

merrak

I always liked the original tracks, but I understand the feeling i am at the point where i am "done" with the game.

Bombini

I am pretty sure that i will keep those in the game as well if they fit but again...cant do more right now ;)

Bombini

Hey adventurers!

here is a quick update.
Half of the new tracks are in the game and i am removing a lot of smaller bugs and adding fixes to it. The polish of the game goes up. Wohoo!
Want to try the current version?

-- Keyboard Controls: --
Move: W,A,S,D
Fire: Arrow keys
Select: Space
Esc/Save/Back: Esc

Keys can be customized or you can setup a gamepad.

Bombini

Hi adventurers!

i am getting the final audio tracks for the game in and i am adding missing sound effects like, lock picking, sounds for the space ship but also sound effects for getting a new skill point or buying something in the shop. All those make a huge difference and i am happy that i have the time to do that to a degree i wanted it to have.

One thing i am very surpised about is how much effect it has when i change the background music when an enemy boss appears or the alarm is triggered. Nothing new and it has been done it so many games but i am really surprised how much an impact it has on the urgency and the feeling. I am using fade blocks to control the several background tracks.

One thing i learned is using the fading blocks always fades audio to either 0% or 100% (and not the original %) unless you fade to a specific %. This is how i embedded my background tracks (fading them in and out depending on whats going on):

When it comes to the briefing i am mostly working with adjectives which describe the mood i have in several levels. So i am grouping tunes for levels which have a similar mood because i cant afford to have one track for each level.

For example ("Story..." equals a main level):
  • Goldspace1: Intense, dangeroust fast, action driven (Story4) (Story6) (Story18) (Stroy21)
  • Goldspace2: Intense, dangerous slow (Story1) (Story8) (Story9) (Stroy20)
  • Goldspace3: Scary, slow, organic, dangerous alien (Story2) (Story9???) (Story12) (Story14) (Strory16) (Story21???)
  • Goldspace4: Warm, welcoming, relaxing  (Story5) (Story22)
  • Goldspace5: Boss fight, intense, action driven  so on (plays for all  boss fights)
  • Goldspace6: Space, synth, atmoshpheric, a bit mysterious, organic, reduced (for Spacemap)
  • Goldspace7: Dusty, feeling alone, hot, slow (Story3) (Story8)
  • Goldspace8: Fast, action driven (Story4???)
  • Goldspace9: Robotic, machine driven,  cold Inspiration: (Story13) (Story15) (Story19)
  • Clean but mysterious  (Story5) (Story7) (Story10)
  • War torn, struggleing, fighting, suffering, mediuem fast (Story6) (Story11) (Story17)

Check out some of the new tracks here: GoldSpace OST

Stay tuned!

Bombini

Hey adventurers!

I have a new BETA version for you with a lot fixes. Too lazy to give it a try? Well check out this video:

-- Keyboard Controls: --
Move: W,A,S,D
Fire: Arrow keys
Select: Space
Esc/Save/Back: Esc

Keys can be customized or you can setup a gamepad.

CHEAT Mode:
Press W,A,D,SPACE to active or deactivate the cheat mode.
This will give a you:
  • A lot of credits
  • 50 skillpoints to spend
  • Maximum Laser Weapon (5)
  • Maximum Health (20)
It also allows you to jump levels. Press 1 to go to mission 1, 2 to go to mission 2 and so on. Press F1 to got to mission 11, F2 to mission 12 and so on. There are 24 max. You will not understand the story if you do that but its a nice way to check the different levels.
There is also a DEBUG mode is you press S,A,D,SPACE but this might be cryptic to you ;)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:49:08 am by Bombini »

Bombini

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Bombini

Hi Space Pirates!
i am bug hunting and fixing a lot and i have a new version in case you are interested:

The soundtrack is also complete: GoldSpace OST
I am currently preparing a retrospective with several parts about my journey.

Stay tuned!

JeffreyDriver

Cool! Great soundtrack.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk