Jumento Bird (DEMO)

gurigraphics

The demo version is almost ready.

http://jumentobird.blogspot.com

What was missing?

- The story of the game.
- The count of carrots with records.
- A celebration to pass the stage.
- More elements: how powerup that makes quick character, a wagon that slows the character.
- Missed the different scenarios.
- Missed the level design starting with the simplest to the most complex scenes.
- Missed more Comic music and sound effects.
- And missed reduce lag.

My query:

Remember any game with this mechanical movement of the character?
How to reduce the lag of the explosion of multiple blocks?

Thank's!

Photon

Controls seem a little unresponsive at times; I'd be tapping the up button rapidly and he wouldn't jump.

Anyway, its a nice little demo, if not a bit creepy: that title music sounds a bit wonky, and the animation when he gets hit by the spikes? OH MY. :P
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

gurigraphics

Controls seem a little unresponsive at times; I'd be tapping the up button rapidly and he wouldn't jump.

Hi Photon. Must be due to lag. On a computer with low memory should lock everything. ^ ^

Anyway, its a nice little demo, if not a bit creepy: that title music sounds a bit wonky, and the animation when he gets hit by the spikes? OH MY. : P

I will create an original song if not find better. The animation i didn't try to frighten children. kkk

Photon

Anyway, its a nice little demo, if not a bit creepy: that title music sounds a bit wonky, and the animation when he gets hit by the spikes? OH MY. : P

I will create an original song if not find better. The animation i didn't try to frighten children. kkk
Its not that creepy... just slightly. I mean, the donkey is fine but then he gets hit by the spikes... BAM. His head super-grows, his eyes practically explode out of his face, and his tongue lashes out like its from a frog! Honestly, it was creepy in a funny kind of way. :D

Also, the lag I think might have been caused by me playing it in Internet Explorer.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

gurigraphics

Its not that creepy ... just slightly. I mean, the donkey is fine but then he gets hit by the spikes ... BAM. His head super-grows, his eyes explodes out of his face Practically, and his tongue lashes from its Out Like a frog! Honestly, it was creepy in a funny kind of way. : D

Influences from Road Runner and Tom & Jerry. kkk

Also, the lag I think might have been Caused by me playing it in Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer? This is creepy! ^ ^

The lag is Caused by wall motion collides with fixed blocks. Maybe if I wear sensors can Improve.

dineyin

Cool game! it's definitely got an interesting mechanic where you can only do the commands if you're on the correct block, but unfortunately you don't get enough info in time to decide whether or not to jump or grab a bomb.

It kind of makes the game more about memorizing the level rather than quick reflexes. Maybe let the player see a little bit further ahead to what's coming up?

gurigraphics

Good idea dineyin! My focus is to make it as simple and universal game. I make this sample stage to think about the game. Maybe with a higher resolution is possible to balance it.

However, I am about to give up ... The game is consuming too much memory. Perhaps not suitable for flash.

This logic of motion somewhat resembles Guitar Hero, right?