FlapBound - Out Now!!

Blue Bit Games

Lol Nuss,Flap Bound.

irock

The game's gonna be finished up on the 24th in time for Flappy Jam. Then I'll start work on a game for the Newgrounds Stencyl jam.

So many jams.

NobodyX

I'm excited for it!!

NobodyX

It's great! Everyone play it now.

colburt187

Beautifully made game, the intro is special.

top score of 14 so far, the text pop ups actually add an extra level of difficulty as i have to stop my eyes from trying to read them every time.

I got 1 buss ticket, now every time i die it alternates between 2 worlds, I'm intrigued to see what happens if i get another present.

"Way better than Earthbound"

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:49:35 am by colburt187 »

Alexin

The first run was smooth, but then I experienced severe freezes as I progressed and restarted.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

ggiersdorf

Took a quick look at it, but how is this even possible it's Earthbound characters and music taken directly from the game is that not considered illegal??

Blob

I don't remember a character named Nuss  or a place called Neptune Valley from Earthbound. Also you can clearly tell the music is original.

ggiersdorf

Blob I know what you mean howevre I am just asking. Nuss = Ness it's clearly an Earthbound clone Im not bashing anything here just wanting to understand the legal ramifications when publishing games "like or with aspects" taken from an original.

Would Nintendo not have an issue with this if it became popular?

henson802

The graphics are an influence of Earthbound like Flappy Birds graphics had a Mario influence.

It is what it is.  I doubt anything legal would come of it imo

irock

The first run was smooth, but then I experienced severe freezes as I progressed and restarted.
I have no clue why the game would be freezing. You mean like, microfreezes? :(

irock

Also to those saying I ripped off EarthBound (or Flappy Bird for that matter), those similarities are really just an unlikely coincidence. Yes, I've played both EarthBound and Flappy Bird but I wasn't thinking about them while making this game.

ggiersdorf

Irock you did a good job, but lets be honest you clearly designed this from Earthbound from the get go.

logo font same as : http://starmen.net/mother2/images/screenshots/title.png
Nuss vs Ness: http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111030193952/fantendo/images/thumb/3/37/NessHD.png/150px-NessHD.png
Your Music is straight from the Game itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSR1BgH1WuQ (42 Seconds in)

Im not looking to cause anyone trouble of grief but Ive been around a long time and for someone to say that it's a coincidence is just plain a lie..  I was asking about the legality of taking other's work and likeness and using it in a game. Im not ripping you at all were all just learning, but don't post things that are not true. Someone will always catch you.

Unept

Great game! I don't think I've experienced any major freezes. I've seen some small hiccups, and only one caused DEATH. Love the art, solid mechanics, and the cool way to open up new levels.  I've only read about Earthbound series, and it's on my list of "Games I Would Play If I Wasn't Already Stretched So Thin."
Also lol to "coincidental" response.
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter