FlapBound - Out Now!!

irock

Okay I'm going to ignore anyone who thinks I was influenced in any way by EarthBound or Flappy Bird. GET OVER IT. YOU WISH IT WERE TRUE. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE. I AM JUST ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH AS SHIGESATO ITOI AND DONG! I'M A SCORPIO!

Thank you to my REAL FANS!

Also I played the game for over half an hour and the memory usage and framerate seemed very stable. None of my logic looks stupidly inefficient (except on the title screen, but that was a rush job) and all obstacles are recycled when they move off the screen. I really wish I knew what to do about the reported freezing.

colburt187

I've played it quite a bit an not had any freezes so it could be related to peoples souls.

henson802

SarcasmBound - fooling the internets

Alexin

Quote from: Irock
Quote from: Alexin
The first run was smooth, but then I experienced severe freezes as I progressed and restarted.
I have no clue why the game would be freezing. You mean like, microfreezes? :(
More like macrofreezes. I just played again and haven't experienced any this time around. Perhaps there was some background task or other issue interfering with the game that I wasn't aware of.

Enjoyable.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

lava flame2

does anyone know a behavior that "tallies up" numbers? For example, after you get hit (with a new highscore), the little menu comes up, and the "Score" goes from 0 to the highscore, but gets tallied, if you see what im trying to say.

say the highscore was 5, the "score" goes from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 then to 5, but over, like,  a quarter of a second

also, what behavior allows the text to be presented in such a way, like its being typed?

The flapping mechanics were pretty spot on--ill post more about my thoughts of it in a few hours (once i beat it :P)
EDIT: ok, i got 29... i thinks it is in fact much better than flappy bird and all those other shitty clones (but i never liked flappy bird in the first place, so... good job :) )
EDITx2: got 63

@below: Thanks, and sorry :C

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:32:40 pm by lava flame2 »

irock

thanks for using my thread in this way

irock

A really popular guy on the Youtubes played it

http://youtu.be/0N-mKVdXY1Y

kantieno

A really popular guy on the Youtubes played it

http://youtu.be/0N-mKVdXY1Y
Nice! I have seen a little bit of him, great for you that he decided that your game was worth recording out of all the other "flappyjam" contestants!
Play my new game "Hidden Valley Ninja" here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kantieno/hidden-valley-ninja

irock

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634690

Compete with your friends and non-friends using leaderboard technology! Exclusive to Newgrounds!

yay

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:33:44 pm by Irock »

lava flame2

I'm just curious how so many websites even know of the game...

henson802

Self advertising.. Like how this thread seems to magically get bumped up soon as it goes down a couple spots..

Hectate

And then we bump it again!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

irock

Self advertising.. Like how this thread seems to magically get bumped up soon as it goes down a couple spots..
I post in this thread because I have something to post, not because I want to put it at the top of the index. I post links to articles written about my games to show my appreciation to the writers because, like us, they want their shit to get seen too!

It's probably a combination of people liking it, it being made for a popular jam about a trendy subject, some bad but popular let's player playing it, it being featured on Game Jolt and Newgrounds, me being persistent on Twitter about it and writers playing and enjoying it.