Flappy Piggy [Free]

turritom

Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the release of my new FREE Android game called "Flappy Piggy" made with Stencyl.

Flappy piggy is a nice and funny Endless Level Game. Try to fly with your flying pig through the narrow tubes to get as far as possible. The game has a funny plasticine graphics and online high scores. The game is easy to learn but hard to master.

Game Features:
- Simple controls: touch and tap the screen to flap the wings
- Easy and fun to play, but a challenge to master
- Online and Offline Highscore
- Medals!
- Funny plasticine Graphics

youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm_BNoM6jME

I would be glad to hear some opinions on the game!

Get it for FREE at the android market

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomasschreiter.flappypiggy&hl=de

henson802

This reminds me of something... haaaaah

Nice job, really cool graphics.  Any plans to port to iOS?  I don't have android..

turritom

yes i will it release on ios soon at possible .. i have many chances today .. switch the graphic to a higher resolution and added paralax scrolling. :) it looks nice i think.

ErLuiSS

how you created the option of online high score?

MurrayZero

Google accepted you put "flappy" in the name?

robert123

how did you make the high score'

turritom

highscore system

submit:

and online highscore

i use a phpscript written by a friend of mine .. he will post here the script and the documentation

also information found here

http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/web-requests/

Rauschgift

Hi everyone.

Tom asked me to post the highscore-script for everyone.

What you need:
- Webserver with PHP and MySQL installed.
- Some basic knowledge on how to use the webserver.

What you get:
- Post a user score to the database and get the current place of this score.
- Ask the database for the top N scores.

What you need to consider:
The script is by no means secure. Please use it via a https connection if possible. Even then, somebody with access to the apps source might be able to spoof scores.

What you need to do:
Download the attachment and edit the db_connect.php
- Change the $highscorename to a value of your choosing. The Value needs to be unique (e.g. if you want multiple score for multiple apps use "highscore1", "highscore2", and so on).
- Change the $key to a reasonable complex value. Best to use a password generator.
- Enter your databases access details into the $sql_xxx values. You should get these from your server-provider
- save and close
- upload everything to your webserver (e.g. via FTP)
- [The crossdomain.xml is only needed if you are planning on releasing a flash version of your app. Delete it otherwise]
- Call the install.php in your webbrowser (e.g. www.mydomain.com/placewhereiputthethings/install.php)
- you should see a message telling you everything is fine. If not, probably your PHP or MySQL version is out of date.
- delete the install.php from you server.
- Have fun with your highscore. You should now be able to use it like Tom described above.

Detailed usage:
call highscore.php to get the top 10 scores in the format:
Place,Name,Score
Place,Name,Score
and so on.
you can override the "10" by providing the variable count. E.g.: highscore.php?count=20

call submit.php to enter a new score. The following variables must be set:
key: your choosen key
name: name of the scorer
score: actual score
E.g.: submit.php?key=ABCD1234&name=Terminator&score=9001
You will get the current placement as return:
Place,Terminator,9001

I have no webserver  :-[ ! What should I do?
If interest is there, we could provide a server for the community. The server would need to be paid of course...

enjoy,

The Rauschgift

P.S.: Suggestions and error reports always welcome, but will be considered on a random schedule  ;D

ErLuiSS

Hi

the phpscrip works fine (at least in the browser) example here : http://erluissjl.netne.net/highscore.php

i use  000webhost for host the scrip

on my game dont work because I have not created right blocks

I will try to recreate the image again to see if it works well, I edit the post and commenting if it works

thank you!

EDIT: on android work good BUT i have  1 problem with the higscore scene, only draw 1 name and score with "2" at finish (i know is for the "2" from the 2ยบ highscore i try to fix this

EDIT 2:  the scrip and code to stencyl work good! my fault, i write "using separator /n" but is  "\n" :D

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:01:02 am by ErLuiSS »

ahmadoweda

Hey turritom, can you help me with the pig physics? do you only set the gravity of the scene and use the block "push the actor sharply in -1 Y direction with force, on mouse click" or there are more details? I only used these but the bird flap in a horrible way..lol , when I click the mouse twice in a row, the bird doubles the push at the 2nd click..whats missing?

airman4

What kind of attribute is "onlineplatz" ?

mario13579

Simple and sweet, but where is english subtitles in description?