Virtual Joysticks Extension
This is a completely new extension for Stencyl 3.x that lets you implement virtual joysticks in your games without a single line of code!**EDIT by robinschaafsma**
I have update the extension for Openfl (deleted all nme), this extension is working properly.
I have make a example game, to let you see how to set up the Joystick properly.
Also a new extras folder is available for download at the bottom of this post.
Download the example game from StencylForge or at the bottom of this post.
A WIKI page is available here: https://github.com/byrobingames/Virtual-Joystick/wiki
I try to update this page when i have the chance, input is welkom.**End EDIT by robinschaafsma**Key Features
- Cross-platform extension: use the same blocks for different platforms and screen sizes!
- Choose between static and relative joysticks!
- Add as many joystick as you want to the screen!
- Easily customize each joystick in a different way!Blocks
Add new static joystick
Add new relative joystick
- Remove joystick
- Get distance/direction of joystick
- Set/Get joystick position
- Set/Get inner/outer radius of joystick
- Always hide joystick when touch/mouse is released
- Set default joystick direction
Set/Get touch region for relative joystick
Set joystick image at runtime
Set pressed/released joystick transparency
Joystick is pressedTo Do
- Set joystick image
- 2 ways joystick (see example game by robinschaafsma)
- 4 ways joystick (see example game by robinschaafsma)
- Set/Get touch region position - Set/Get touch region width/height - Set default non-pressed image transparency - Set default pressed image transparency - Set image transparency - Joystick is pressed/released
You can read more detailed explanations for each block in the documentation attached below and I strongly suggest you to do so!
PLEASE read the documentation I wrote for this extension and do NOT skip the installation chapter! This extension requires an "extras" folder with your joystick images inside. Instead of creating a new "extras" folder you can download, unzip and use the "extras" folder I have attached below.Help me test this extension!
Creating a true cross-platform extension isn't an easy task when you have to imagine every possible scenario and you have so many variables (screen sizes, aspect ratios, mobile vs desktop, operating systems ...), so help me test this extension!Share your opinion!
Do you have an idea for a useful block? Feel free to post your opinion and help me improve this extension!Support me!
This is a completely free extension and it will always be free!
If you feel like you want to thank me with a cup of tea click on the button below to donate. I want to remind you that this is a completely free extension, so you can download and use it for commercial purposes without any donation!
(NOTE: Payments are processed through PayPal. You can use your PayPal account or your credit card to make a donation.)Changelog
- August 31th 2015: [Fix] Getter blocks not visible.
- August 24th 2015: NME to OPENFL; [Fix] Default direction. (by robinschaafsma
- August 1st 2014: [Fix] Default direction block doesn't work properly.
- July 14th 2014: Major update [2.0].
- February 20th 2014: Initial Release [1.0].